920 Earbuds that came in box - absolutely NO documentation

garryggreen

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
It has a 4 part mini phone plug.

On the cable there is a white plastic block with a + on one end and a - on the other. No idea what this is used for. Seems it can be clicked, but otherwise has no effect.

I thought I was supposed to alter playing back of music - stop, pause, start, change volume. There is absolutely no documentation anywhere on this (short of spending a week searching). The 920 manual doesn't mention a word. Nothing about them in box.

So - what is this white thing that does NOT change the playback volume of music nor videos? How can I or can I control music playback, skip to next track, play, pause etc with these in box ear buds?

Please bring back the day when documentation existed and wasn't an afterthought. Most of the software on the 920 - I have to guess how it works. There is no doc on the phone nor on line.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
The button in the middle can pauze and resume music and video's with one click. 2 clicks is next song and 3 clicks is previous song / restart song. The + and - are supposed to change the volume but they won't work in wp. Only on iPod and iPhone. Weird Nokia provide their phones with such ear plugs. Normally windows phones are packed with ear plugs with only the play / pause button and mic since the volume rockers won't work...

Grovenor

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
The earphones I got with my Lumia 925 were the same BUT the +/- bar is actually for switching radio stations if you are listing to radio.

It may work for moving between tracks if playing stored music but I am only a radio listener.

Other than for that, there probably isn't a need to have instructions for earphones.

Sayyid Shoaib

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Unfortunately the standard ear buds are sub standard I just got my week ago black earphones with black lumia 920. I get better audio quality from a samsung headphones from previous handset Galaxy Note 2. I thought as well when purchasing that there was going to be excellent headphones packed with the Lumia 920. On the good side however, if you update the phone to Amber you get enhancements in Audio settings with Dolby Surrond and Audio levelling. Make sure the equaliser is on Loudness setting. The music sounds top notch for me when I plug my Samsung headphones in.

Unfortunately to get the best out of the Nokia Lumia 920 you need to get some decent headphones (I know a bit off putting, is that forgivable from Nokia, questionable for such a flagship they marketed so much).

sorry to hear about it, were more or less in the same boat!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos