Using Lumia 920 Internationally (Voice & Data)

ysaletore

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is there a trick to using the Lumia 920 internationally? I have an AT&T model, technically locked but I do have the lock code from AT&T. I had the same issue in India before, and now I'm in Switzerland and I find that while networks are listed under "Cellular" settings, the phone won't connect to any of them. I'm not worried about roaming data at this point, I ran into some local problems and it was frustrating that I couldn't make any calls at the very least, even in an emergency. Is there a trick to get my phone to connect to the local cellular networks? I can see Swisscom and Orange, and Swisscom shows up at "Forbidden" while Orange and some others show up as 4G/G

Thanks!

ysaletore

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Well, use the code you have and unlock it! Then it'll work...

Well, that's only if I want to use a different SIM card, right? I'm talking about using my existing AT&T SIM to roam on European networks, but it won't even connect to the network at all. My friend's iPhone 5 connected automatically, and I figured that since 920s are sold around the world, it should be able to, as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss