How to stop the native camera app from post processing photo?

YingTK

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm currently using a AT&T lumia 920(so yeah, no amber, no GDR2). Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble getting the phone to shoot low light image while keeping the brightness closer to reality?

I am kind of tired of the naive camera app always making low light photos look unrealistically bright, and that I am always having trouble shooting sun set photos, since the camera will just compensate the color, and make the orange-red-ish sky look blue, or even white.

Any suggestions welcome!

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
With the camera app running, tap the ellipsis ("...") in the lower-right hand corner, tap "photo settings", and change the settings from "auto" to whatever you want them to be.

YingTK

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
With the camera app running, tap the ellipsis ("...") in the lower-right hand corner, tap "photo settings", and change the settings from "auto" to whatever you want them to be.
Yeah, I've tried different modes, but shooting low light pictures with night mode still brings the picture pretty bright though...

YingTK

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
If you haven't already, check out this thread. If you don't find what you are looking for trying asking your question in that forum for the serious camera users to see and hopefully help you. Good luck.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/guides-tips-tricks-how-tos/226625-so-you-want-take-better-pictures-%5Bguide%5D.html

Thanks! That's a very detailed article!
Maybe I should rephrase my question: Is there anyway to make the lumia 920 camera take low light picture more realistic without having to adjust several setting? My friend's HTC does better at keeping the original color. However, from what I read, the 920 is supposed to having a better camera?

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
If your pictures are coming out too bright, DONT use night mode. That does the exact opposite. Either try sports, but that may make it too dark, so try auto with ISO 200. That would probably work the best.

YingTK

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
If your pictures are coming out too bright, DONT use night mode. That does the exact opposite. Either try sports, but that may make it too dark, so try auto with ISO 200. That would probably work the best.
Thanks. I did try sports mode since it looked more real on the screen when I was trying to take pictures of NYC from the empire building at night, but it turns out it was way too dark. I will try adjusting the ISO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3