Too silly for words. A conversation with an AT&T rep named Roger.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
:p that was for the OP ;)

Ah, in that case I'll give you a dozen and I hope the OP is happy to receive it from you, your avatar makes it quite obvious about your intentions and OP's avatar makes it obvious about your love buttons lol.
I mean really, imagine you spreading your arms to give the OP some love and he (maybe she?) is looking at you in that creepy way :p

I want to give you some love buttons

OP's reaction

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Ah, in that case I'll give you a dozen and I hope the OP is happy to receive it from you, your avatar makes it quite obvious about your intentions and OP's avatar makes it obvious about your love buttons lol.
I mean really, imagine you spreading your arms to give the OP some love and he (maybe she?) is looking at you in that creepy way :p

I want to give you some love buttons
http://cdn-forums.wpcentral.com/avatars/vb_wp/avatar211375_4.gif

OP's reaction
http://cdn-forums.wpcentral.com/avatars/vb_wp/avatar165713_3.gif

now I want to give some love buttons to you aswell :grin:

thomas wojcik

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I hope when the children in these forums grow up, they have the pleasure to work in a position that forces them to deal with the public. To feel superior because a person has outwitted some poor SOB in customer service is really nothing to be proud of. Most of these people, in any company, are doing the best they can with what they have.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I just got this in an email from AT&T.

Michael, your new favorite smartphone is here! Galaxy S3 Mini for $0.99

So I own a 920 and they think I want this? Really?

No, they have your email address and sent out a bit of spam probably sent to a few million other people as well. It is mass marketing which you can easily ignore. So what is your problem?

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
A few minutes ago, I called AT&T here in Las Vegas and spoke with a support rep named "Roger". I asked him to tell me, "if he knows" WHEN the Amber update would be coming out.

His first question to me, "how long have I had my phone?"

Right there I got worried since what does it matter how long I had it? But I answered, and he put me on hold.

When he came back he said, "should be next week. System, Navigator and some other things are coming out at the same time so you will get all of those updates."

Already I suspect he isn't focused yet.

Then I asked, "The update I'm talking about is the AMBER update for the Nokia Lumia 920."
I said further, "If you don't know, then you don't know, but if you know, when, will the Amber update coming out."

Now I gave him all kinds of opportunity to get out of the question, but Roger put me on hold again. And this time, I laughed at his answer to keep from saying what I really wanted to say.

When he came back, Roger actually said, and I quote, "Ohhhh that update is scheduled to be released on the 31st of this month."

I said "Sir, there is only 30 days in September."

Then rather than giving up he actually said, "..well, when they say September 31st, they actually mean MIDNIGHT on the 30th"

I said, "well would that not be October 1st?"

He stuttered something and that's when I really laughed in his face, told him to have a good day and hung up. smh. I thought I was talking to a rep from Sprint.

Actually, there is little that seems very silly since people do make mistakes and the person seemed as if they were trying to be helpful. In fact, the only person in that discussion who would seem to have come off looking bad, and a bit immature, is you by being argumentative and laughing at someone. As far as 9/31 goes, people make that mistake all the time and it also makes into documents at times if things are not reviewed by a copy editor. The person either misspoke, or read something that was not edited or said end of month. So what? I am sure no one else around here has ever made such mistake, or wrote the wrong year on a January document, or misspelled a word, etc., etc.. Ridiculing someone for trying to be helpful. Now there is a standard to which we should all strive. BTW, speaking as someone with a near eidetic (aka photographic) memory, who has been known to annoy people at times by recalling conversations verbatim, knowing the cards in play in a card game, remembering long account numbers and software serial numbers/keys, etc., unless you have an eidetic memory, I somehow doubt this is precisely what was said.

Last edited:

santillanavila1993

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Stephan az has a good point. I get that we can have some laughs but the way the forum has been acting because of the att amber update it is obvious this has gone too far.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Stephan az has a good point. I get that we can have some laughs but the way the forum has been acting because of the att amber update it is obvious this has gone too far.

Agreed.

A little light hearted laugh is fine.

But if an honest mistake is going to make someone be completely ridiculed... well, it kind of feels like an Apple board.

bguy_1986

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

release the update and everything will go back to normal... we're frustrated and want to take it out on somebody... specifically somebody at at&t, the "premier" Windows Phone carrier....

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Actually, there is little that seems very silly since people do make mistakes and the person seemed as if they were trying to be helpful. In fact, the only person in that discussion who would seem to have come off looking bad, and a bit immature, is you by being argumentative and laughing at someone. As far as 9/31 goes, people make that mistake all the time and it also makes into documents at times if things are not reviewed by a copy editor. The person either misspoke, or read something that was not edited or said end of month. So what? I am sure no one else around here has ever made such mistake, or wrote the wrong year on a January document, or misspelled a word, etc., etc.. Ridiculing someone for trying to be helpful. Now there is a standard to which we should all strive. BTW, speaking as someone with a near eidetic (aka photographic) memory, who has been known to annoy people at times by recalling conversations verbatim, knowing the cards in play in a card game, remembering long account numbers and software serial numbers/keys, etc., unless you have an eidetic memory, I somehow doubt this is precisely what was said.

Actually, he was basically trying to bs me and I don't need much verification to know when the information given me comes from an effort to assist me as a customer or blow me off as a Windows Phone user he has no respect for. Roger didn't even try to get answers. He made stuff up and flat out lied. I called AT&T a second time since Roger and the rep simply said, he had NO information.

Hoku001

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I was hosting a Japanese exchange student who had a Sprint phone. Because she didn't speak English too well, I was put on her account as her sponsor to act as her proxy for account matters.

Once I had to call Sprint for an issue. The rep told me that she HAD to speak to the account holder. I argued that my student was from Japan and that I was authorized on her account, and that she wouldn't get anywhere because my student spoke only Japanese, with just super basic English skills. But the Sprint rep insisted, so I put my student on the phone. As expected, that conversation was a total waste of time. When I got back on the phone with the Sprint rep I said rather smugly, "so did you get what you needed?" To which she said she couldn't understand a word she said. Duh!!! Like I told you before, my girl is from Japan and doesn't speak English. To which the Sprint rep said, "hold on, I'll get a Spanish translator on the line so I can speak to your student." At which point I think I simply hung up rather than continue talking to a moron.

Talk about too stupid for words!

As much as I curse AT&T, I'll never do business with Sprint.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I read somewhere you were supposed to have it by now, but someone screwed up something and it didn't connect on LTE so they had to fix the bug and restart the entire approval process. I don't know why they could have just fixed the one bug and continued where they left off. /shrug

Anyway I was happy that Verizon was quick about getting the 928 updated.

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Actually, he was basically trying to bs me and I don't need much verification to know when the information given me comes from an effort to assist me as a customer or blow me off as a Windows Phone user he has no respect for. Roger didn't even try to get answers. He made stuff up and flat out lied. I called AT&T a second time since Roger and the rep simply said, he had NO information.

You're right if you don't know, or can tell what is going just say it. To put in words, " Don't try to blow smoke up our $$$" Your company already has done that when they claimed to be a Nokia Window Phone Premier Partner, Ha ha ha.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I read somewhere you were supposed to have it by now, but someone screwed up something and it didn't connect on LTE so they had to fix the bug and restart the entire approval process. I don't know why they could have just fixed the one bug and continued where they left off. /shrug

Anyway I was happy that Verizon was quick about getting the 928 updated.

Don't be bringing stories without links.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre