10-24-2013 12:14 PM
59 123
tools
    If I had to take a guess OP probably is in a spotty coverage area. the easiest way to find out is disable LTE & see how the battery is on HSPA. Since LTE is data only you are accessing two separate network types on different frequencies at the same time, 3G for voice and LTE for data. Accessing 2 different networks will use up more power anyways, if you are in a weak signal area for LTE or both LTE and 3G your battery life is toast.
    WP8fan likes this.
    09-27-2013 12:54 PM
    Soft reset after any app update had freed me from the battery drain issue. As rdubmu stated, turn off tap+send as well.
    09-27-2013 03:23 PM
    Have you tried turning off tap&send? I know this sounds ridiculously basic but it worked for me
    09-27-2013 03:24 PM
    You know I tried everything under the sun to prevent it from happening, but my Lumia 920 kept having random battery drains every so often till the very end... It's technically still working, but so many things were screwing up or not working at all that when the screen finally broke I just gave up on it. My Lumia 1020 has been better for the most part except for a weird bug where it doesn't always read when it has a full charge (it will tell me I have 79% or 80% when it's been on the charger all night) but a quick reboot seems to fix that problem.

In any case, the Lumia phones seem to have a lot of problems. Nokia really needs to sort this out.

And don't misunderstand me, I love these phones. I just don't want to see public perception of Windows Phones to be that they are buggy and unreliable.
    SamiSaifDine likes this.
    09-27-2013 07:20 PM
    I just got my phone back today after Nokia repaired it and it's almost drained already and its been all of 7hours since I turned it on

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    09-27-2013 08:31 PM
    Too bad... I just fell in love with mine again. I hard reset mine after changing the primary account from a Gmail to outlook :-()

My battery life us good. It runs so much better... Some apps ate just not good... You need to enable only necessary, not desired, apps the privilege of running in the background. I stream music daily on a charger and WiFi, lol. Seriously, I turn WiFi and Bluetooth off, but I rarely do this.

Apps I think are the biggest hits. I reluctantly installed a battery monitor app, but they kill your battery too.

Good luck.
    WP8fan likes this.
    09-27-2013 08:44 PM
    I feel like it's a WP8 problem. My old WP7 phones never exhibited this behavior. With WP8 I get random battery drain once a month, or once every two months. It's like some background process is getting stuck or repeating itself which is causing the battery to drain quickly. A soft reset fixes it.
    09-27-2013 09:56 PM
    I have not encountered this problem in GDR2. Maybe it's been fixed? Does anyone else here have a phone on GDR2?
    09-27-2013 10:02 PM
    GDR2 i s fine on my phone...
    I still blame battery drain on some apps and the way the phone look for connectivity when signal strength is erratic
    multo likes this.
    09-27-2013 10:29 PM
    I've had similar problems. My phone has been draining battery life substantially. I barely do anything on it and after just three hours I'm at 25% after a full charge. At least every 3-4 days my phone will reset at any time with out notice and it has become a pretty big annoyance so I will be going to AT&T to complain. Hopefully they will be able to help me out. I was also really looking forward this phone but so far it has been one regretful buy. Disappointed but it still has it's perks.
    09-28-2013 01:07 AM
    The biggest battery drainer is the Nokia Here +. Make sure you block it from running in the background. And I think it takes a while for the phone to gain its true battery life. My 920 took about a month to get a good battery life. Now phone runs a full day and I have the full 15 apps (the limit) running in the background. I read a lot of news and article on it through out the day.
    WP8fan likes this.
    09-28-2013 10:59 AM
    Don't Hate L920 it's an amazing phone
    09-28-2013 03:12 PM
    Strange is, that most people complaining about battery drain are from USA. I did not meet a single person with n920 in my country, who complain about it. All of them say, that battery life is like on all smartphones, that's one day. Most of them even say, it's better than iPhone 5.
    So may be it has really something to do with the quality of your networks, or coverage.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    kivancio likes this.
    09-28-2013 03:52 PM
    When I got mine I made sure to let the battery drain to almost 0 before charging. I did this for the first month and I have not noticed any problems with the battery so far. I also keep background apps turned off as much as possible.
    09-28-2013 04:18 PM
    When I got mine I made sure to let the battery drain to almost 0 before charging. I did this for the first month and I have not noticed any problems with the battery so far. I also keep background apps turned off as much as possible.

When you charge it, when do you unplug it?
    When it is fully charged? Or close to being fully charged?

09-28-2013 04:29 PM
    When you charge it, when do you unplug it?
    When it is fully charged? Or close to being fully charged?
    At 100%.
    09-28-2013 04:42 PM
    We have two 920's on AT&T that were preordered when they were released. No problems with either one, both batteries last a full day
    My wifes first smartphone. She uses it, a lot and loves it. At least fout other teachers at the school have gotten 920's because of her. No compalints from any of them.
    I just want the updates to show up on AT&T. She wants the clock at night.
    JohnStrk likes this.
    09-28-2013 04:53 PM
    I'm nearly 12 months into my first and only Lumia 920 (for Rogers). Wasn't a perfect ride, but it was as good nonetheless.
    09-28-2013 05:07 PM
    The Lumia 920 is the first phone that has ever had me excited enough to preorder. When I first received it, I loved it. I liked the heft and solid feeling to the phone. I was impressed with the low light camera; and found my first foray into windows phone to be enjoyable.

I'm now on my 3rd Lumia 920. The first one bricked on the third day. The second had severe battery drain that I dealt with until finally a speaker went out on it. I'm about 5 months into the 3rd one and I just can't stand the battery drain anymore. Just this afternoon it drained from 90% to 30% in 1.5 hours while I did nothing but listen to music with the screen off. I hardly ever make it through the day, or even to the end of work day, with battery life left. AT&T offered to give me a 4th one, but I just don't feel like going through the trouble.

Now I'm just waiting for the Nexus 5 to come out so I can get rid of this phone. I still enjoy windows phone ok, although I have a lot of small complaints, but I just can't take the phone anymore.

Ugh
    I got ATT to force upgrade me from a NL900 WP7 due to it was EOL before six months of ownership.
    I'm on my second NL920. First one had intermittent headphone, speaker problems, battery drain.
    Battery drain was varied, mostly when performing processor, gpu intensive tasks such as games and videos, games mostly.
    Of course, I went through all the recommended steps, completely drain and recharge battery a few times to teach phone battery limits. That eventually settled out.
    I had dropped the phone just prior to the audio issue, and started experiencing audio out problems with the headphone jack and front speaker.
    I do believe the internals of this phone are secured with very sticky tape or heat glue.
    What I'm thinking is that the combination of heat from the battery drain and shock misaligned components at the top of the phone where heat is greatest.
    Oddly, just prior to replacements arrival, repeatedly inserting and remixing headphone plug aligned the jack, so there was no apparent problem anymore.
    My second NL920 had a similar experience. Battery life and audio.
    Also ran through full charge drain recharge sequence a few times.
    Battery life is now acceptable, around 10-16 hrs.
    As far as the audio is concerned, I inserted removed headphone plug multiple times and the parts are working better
    09-28-2013 05:33 PM
    I have never got a Drain on my 920 got it last DEC. but the past 2 months the sim has dropped and stopped to work so i had to take it out and re set it. But now i dont even get bars and nokia wants me to send it away but they dont tell me where to send it so i will just go to the ATT store and see if they care about me cause this is getting annoying. But i will always love windows but no apps and bad smartphone and the 1520 will just be the LG g2 just bigger i have lost interest in WP ios seems to call my name with the 5S.
    09-28-2013 08:43 PM
    Imo battery drain is down to settings and not the phone. Learn to use the phone before you get stressed
    JohnStrk likes this.
    09-29-2013 02:28 AM
    U must know the tricks.. Even android if do not close apps open battery drain fast
    09-29-2013 02:44 AM
    Imo battery drain is down to settings and not the phone. Learn to use the phone before you get stressed
    love it when posters leave us with their wise words of wisdom but leave us with nothing.
    care to give any tips?
    fidder1987 and broar94 like this.
    09-29-2013 05:14 AM
    love it when posters leave us with their wise words of wisdom but leave us with nothing.
    care to give any tips?
    Here's a tip, scroll down the app list and find the help&tips icon.
    09-29-2013 01:13 PM
    The only issue I had so far, with my Lumia 920 is the loss of the accelerometer after the last software update. I contacted Nokia directly and they replaced it. My wife's Lumia 920 lost its flash. Its still broken ...
    actually, since amber for me, I noticed my accelerometer gets wonky (doesn't know I'm in landscape) and my flash turns off after some time using the flashlight app. The complete fix for either is a reboot for my phone.
    10-01-2013 03:45 AM
59 123