10-24-2013 12:14 PM
59 123
tools
    Sounds like a problem with your charger, i had a similar issue with mine i changed my charger and all was well again
    10-01-2013 06:00 AM
    I get that on occasion too but chalk it up to flaky Win8 OS... I've had days (yesterday) drain to 79% from a 5am-6pm time window w/a some use of the phone.. while some times, it is in the gym locker for 2 hours and I drain 60% of the battery.
    After a full reboot, the problem seems to go away. I think it is OS related and less hardware and some apps are battery pigs with memory leaks drawing on the battery. I wish they made a way to ensure that apps can be killed off along w/their processor resource.
    10-01-2013 04:41 PM
    Gone through five 920s alone, my dad going through his second replacement, mom went through one, my niece went through one, and antoher family member on my plan had his not work out of the box.

Battery drain, FFC dust, no lte connectivity, constant restarts, blue line on the screen, more battery drain. All of these on different phones. Nokia decided to give me a 1020 for my troubles and went through an exchange, had some LTE connectivity issues. Got the replacement, haven't returned my defective 1020, but so far, a cuople or random restarts and some battery drain.

nokia got some qc issues if you ask me.
    10-01-2013 04:46 PM
    RE: Battery drain

In my experience the biggest drain (background apps, NFC, etc) is the network. Period. I get a solid 24 hrs on average with phone (as long as I'm not on Wordament for too long ). So for an experiment 2 weekends ago, I shut the network off (4G LTE) and relied on WiFi only, unless I needed a media message to come through. I also abstained from Wordament during this time period. Other than that, I used the phone like normal; calls, texts, browsing, etc. Not super heavy usage, but not light either.

Results: I made it 72 hrs on 94% of my battery. I couldn't believe it!
    10-01-2013 05:51 PM
    Today I'm kind of at work, where I use my company phone and off work due to an injury.
    So I'm able to use this phone on a normal relaxed weekday mode.
    I've made a few calls to friends, received and replied to several work email, took a picture of a medical form and sent it to the boss.Read email, visit this and other forums, general web browsing.
    The Lumia 920 on ATT was taken off charger this morning around 6am, it's around 8pm now and I've got 20% charge left. Battery Sense indicates at my current level of use, I have a little over 1 hour left. That would make today 14hrs.
    Pretty acceptable in my world
    10-01-2013 07:09 PM
    I love those whose advice to fix battery issues is to "turn off all the things that make you want a smart phone." I don't use NFC and bluetooth so I leave those off. However, turning off things like LTE, background tasks, live tiles, etc. is not a solution, it's pretending the problem doesn't actually exist. If the phone can't do the things the phone is advertised to do, then there is a problem with the phone. If I wanted to turn off live tiles, LTE, etc. then why get a WP or 920 to begin with. Makes no sense.
    chezm likes this.
    10-23-2013 02:16 PM
    RE: Battery drain

In my experience the biggest drain (background apps, NFC, etc) is the network. Period. I get a solid 24 hrs on average with phone (as long as I'm not on Wordament for too long ). So for an experiment 2 weekends ago, I shut the network off (4G LTE) and relied on WiFi only, unless I needed a media message to come through. I also abstained from Wordament during this time period. Other than that, I used the phone like normal; calls, texts, browsing, etc. Not super heavy usage, but not light either.

Results: I made it 72 hrs on 94% of my battery. I couldn't believe it!
    This would be true with any phone. If you turn off the network, OF COURSE you're going to get better battery life; however I expect to make it more than 1/2 day with the network turned on.
    10-23-2013 02:18 PM
    Just get a dc 16 or 18... Seriously...
    10-23-2013 02:21 PM
    Sad that you can't like it. Because I have to say I truly love this phone, and with all the constant updates I'm loving it even more. I don't experience most things you mentioned. The only complaints I have would be the heating issue, and also the phone is a bit on the bulky side (I don't like super thin/light phone either though).

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD
    10-24-2013 12:14 PM
59 123