I've Grown to Hate This Phone

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
The only issue I had so far, with my Lumia 920 is the loss of the accelerometer after the last software update. I contacted Nokia directly and they replaced it. My wife's Lumia 920 lost its flash. Its still broken so I've concluded there is a serious lack of quality control and lots of short cuts with the manufacturing of Nokia devices. I don't know if this is what lead to the demise of Nokia pre-Microsoft but it looks to have contributed to it.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine for 8-9 months and it is the best phone I've ever owned. If I have any issues it is always an app that didn't load right. Delete/ reload fixed.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
So what I hear from all the comments is: Nokia's quality control leaves a lot to desire!

More likely carrier related, since it seems that people who get problematic phones often get two or three in a row.

Their phones are replaced by used phones that were turned in by other customers. The phone is reset at the carrier and appears to work fine, so they mark it as refurbished believing it's fixed.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Ive had the same L920 since April and although i've run into some excessive battery drain, I've managed to control it based on specific Apps running in the background. The phones definitely arent perfect, but its not like other phones like the iPhone 5 or some Android devices dont suffer a similar problem...EVERYONE i know complains about battery drain. It really depends on the Network, your Apps and use of the device. I've found with the L920 that the battery has improved drastically since when i first got it.

Phone Guy 4567

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
If I had to take a guess OP probably is in a spotty coverage area. the easiest way to find out is disable LTE & see how the battery is on HSPA. Since LTE is data only you are accessing two separate network types on different frequencies at the same time, 3G for voice and LTE for data. Accessing 2 different networks will use up more power anyways, if you are in a weak signal area for LTE or both LTE and 3G your battery life is toast.

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
You know I tried everything under the sun to prevent it from happening, but my Lumia 920 kept having random battery drains every so often till the very end... It's technically still working, but so many things were screwing up or not working at all that when the screen finally broke I just gave up on it. My Lumia 1020 has been better for the most part except for a weird bug where it doesn't always read when it has a full charge (it will tell me I have 79% or 80% when it's been on the charger all night) but a quick reboot seems to fix that problem.

In any case, the Lumia phones seem to have a lot of problems. Nokia really needs to sort this out.

And don't misunderstand me, I love these phones. I just don't want to see public perception of Windows Phones to be that they are buggy and unreliable.

jobinthomas

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I just got my phone back today after Nokia repaired it and it's almost drained already and its been all of 7hours since I turned it on

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Too bad... I just fell in love with mine again. I hard reset mine after changing the primary account from a Gmail to outlook :-()

My battery life us good. It runs so much better... Some apps ate just not good... You need to enable only necessary, not desired, apps the privilege of running in the background. I stream music daily on a charger and WiFi, lol. Seriously, I turn WiFi and Bluetooth off, but I rarely do this.

Apps I think are the biggest hits. I reluctantly installed a battery monitor app, but they kill your battery too.

Good luck.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I feel like it's a WP8 problem. My old WP7 phones never exhibited this behavior. With WP8 I get random battery drain once a month, or once every two months. It's like some background process is getting stuck or repeating itself which is causing the battery to drain quickly. A soft reset fixes it.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
GDR2 i s fine on my phone...
I still blame battery drain on some apps and the way the phone look for connectivity when signal strength is erratic

misstyrion

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I've had similar problems. My phone has been draining battery life substantially. I barely do anything on it and after just three hours I'm at 25% after a full charge. At least every 3-4 days my phone will reset at any time with out notice and it has become a pretty big annoyance so I will be going to AT&T to complain. Hopefully they will be able to help me out. I was also really looking forward this phone but so far it has been one regretful buy. Disappointed but it still has it's perks.

NXH

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The biggest battery drainer is the Nokia Here +. Make sure you block it from running in the background. And I think it takes a while for the phone to gain its true battery life. My 920 took about a month to get a good battery life. Now phone runs a full day and I have the full 15 apps (the limit) running in the background. I read a lot of news and article on it through out the day.

martan1981#WN

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Strange is, that most people complaining about battery drain are from USA. I did not meet a single person with n920 in my country, who complain about it. All of them say, that battery life is like on all smartphones, that's one day. Most of them even say, it's better than iPhone 5.
So may be it has really something to do with the quality of your networks, or coverage.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

WP8fan

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
When I got mine I made sure to let the battery drain to almost 0 before charging. I did this for the first month and I have not noticed any problems with the battery so far. I also keep background apps turned off as much as possible.

misstyrion

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
When I got mine I made sure to let the battery drain to almost 0 before charging. I did this for the first month and I have not noticed any problems with the battery so far. I also keep background apps turned off as much as possible.

When you charge it, when do you unplug it?
When it is fully charged? Or close to being fully charged?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss