No display at all...any ideas?

bpdubya

May 9, 2013
Visit site
My display quit last night in indignation after my 2-year-old tossed the phone onto the coffee table. Phone still charges and receives calls, and digitizer still works (I can power it up and down, and hit snooze on the alarm), but the display remains dark, dark, dark.

After some surgery, I have ruled out a simple loose connection (detached and reattached the LCD and digitizer connections, which didn't help) and ruled out a broken LCD by swapping in an older LCD which had some flaws but was not completely dead when I replaced it.

Does anybody have any ideas about anything else replaceable/fixable that might cause the display to stay dark while the rest of the phone works? If. nobody has any ideas, I guess it's new-phone time (which is gonna hurt - over a year left on the contract, but phone is out of warranty). Anybody got a straw for me to grasp at?

bpdubya

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Excellent deal. Way cheaper than repair/new phone out of contract.

Indeed. Plus, they're only supposed to replace with the same color, but since they didn't have mine (yellow) they bent the rules and gave me a red one (refurb w/90-day warranty. It's working great - good battery life, good call quality, everything like it's supposed to be. I'm a satisfied customer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos