Warranty - Nokia or ATT?

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
So my 2 month old Lumia 920 is having touch issues. the screen will randomly stop responding for a while then work then stop, it is very random and the interval of time when it doesn't work is hours. So I thought id try to warranty it through ATT. The problem is the replacement phone I got has a totally busted display, as in it just shows static. ATT replaces the device with a like-new certified device.... I don't think new devices come with broken displays...

Anyways, my question is, should I continue to try to get a device from ATT? Or should try Nokia. I still have my original device, and it should be covered by manufacturer warranty, but I thought maybe with ATT I can just drop in and replace it, but apparently you can only do that at CSC's, which the closest to me is 50 miles... anyone have any experience with either warranties? Does Nokia just give you a new device or is it a refurb like ATT?

lorenzattractor

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I also have an AT&T Lumia 920. I had some issues with the screen not working well about a month ago. I tried contacting Nokia first, but they said the warranty of the phone is with AT&T and not with them. I did get a refurbished unit, and a month already with it, I've had no issues with it. Anyway, just call AT&T again. I don't Nokia will be able to do much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa