Lumia 920 amber vs iphone 5 camera

Rassva

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Depends on your taste :d, the 5S is an improvement over the 5 in the camera department, night shots are acceptable, not great, but good. In the daylight you cannot see too many differences, in the dark it is still the best, personally I will buy the 920 in a couple of months because of its OIS and and HAAC microphones.
Btw, if you are a complete useless banana at taking photos and only need them for Facebook or such I recommend the 5, it's a nice phone but not my style. With the 920 you need to fiddle with the settings but when you are done you will take a beautiful photo.
Only noticed now that you wrote vs iphone 5.... I talked about 5s ...... The 5 has worse night performance.
In the end they're both capable but it depends on who uses them.
Here you can find lots of samples:
Flickr: Camera Finder: Nokia: Lumia 920
Flickr: Camera Finder: Apple: iPhone 5

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Yea, with regards to 5s, it's probably better in daylight shots now than 920. But the sample night time images I've seen are still not as good as 920.

loveleo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
took a picture with nokia pro cam flashed with french rom amber and an iphone 5s in an apple store.
both just auto setting.
lumia 920
WP_20131005_18_11_13_Pro.jpg
iphone 5s
photo (4)-iphone5s.jpg

Attachments

• photo (4)-iphone5s.jpg
    photo (4)-iphone5s.jpg
    538.9 KB · Views: 6

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. The 920 looks better to me. It is noisier but has more detail.

The iPhone is doing some smoothing which drops noise out but makes things pasty. Playing in Paint.Net and if you sharpen and de-noise the Nokia image, it becomes similar to the iPhone - i.e. less detailed but less noise. I'd say Apple have some algorithms running that manipulate the photo. I prefer more detail in the first place which you can blur if you like.

misstyrion

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Who have both phone, would you shoot same object at same distance, same fokus area, zoom in at 100%
Then post it here

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

I have the 920 and my bf has the new 5S, we are both into smart phone photography and I will definitely post pictures to compare! Thanks for the idea :)

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

adipabeta

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I have the 920 and my bf has the new 5S, we are both into smart phone photography and I will definitely post pictures to compare! Thanks for the idea :)

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
Nice....
Cause I use gsmarena tool and when you compare 920, 925, and iphone 4s,
4s best at detail, i think it must be the firmware
That's why I ask about the amber, :-D

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
The 5S picture looks good... so Apple has finally caught up with last year's Nokia? :cool:

I kid, of course. The Apple picture does look good, and Apple makes a decent product, but I still love my 920!

Of course, you can get a 920 for 99 cents right now at ATT compared with whatever the price of the 5S is... I'm guessing the 5S price is probably around 1020 prices? Even then I'd get the 1020 over an iPhone.

Last edited:

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't own iPhone 5 or 5S but I own a Lumia 920 and can say that it produces very good low light photos. Certainly, iPhone 5S can be better at daytimes, cause I've read an article here on WPC that it beats even 925, but still I think 920 has better overall camera. No need to forget OIS and HAAC audio recording. iPhone might be a bit better in daylight shots, but not even the 5S compare tha OIS video recording of 920, it's steady as hell even with held in just one hand. It's just awesomely impressive and HAAC rich audio recordings is really a bonus. Plus with Nokia pro cam you can play with settings. For example, I use ISO 100 or 200 and shutter speed 1/4 sec or 0.5 sec and I can produce images with literally no noise in artificial light. That's not possible with iPhone. And the supersteady videos, I'm just fan of my 920..

alpha beta gaga

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
i had the 5s recently for a week and while it did indeed produce excellent daytime shots, it just could not match the 920 for low-light. what bothered me most with the 5s was the fact that there is very few (if any) manual pre-shot adjustments possible on the 5s and it just felt like a bit of a 'toy' cameraphone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre