Lumia 920 yellow or red??

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
After a lot of thinking I've decided to buy myself a Lumia 920. However I'm in confusion whether to get yellow or red?? I like red better but it is not available at my place and I'll have to wait maybe a week. Although yellow is available there. I kind of like red one better and it's not that I hate yellow, but I think with yellow if you put the tile color red or violet it will clash with yellow color of the phone. I think only yellow, orange and green shades go cool with yellow 920. While my personal favourite colors red, violet, purple, pink go cool with red one. Though it's just my imagination so please yellow and red lumia owners please tell me which tile color suits your 920??? It's a bit urgent and thanks in advance..

Sent from my ST25i using WPCentral Forums mobile app

mjke

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
i think black, caused its matte, dont know for 920, but for 720, black and cyan have matte finish , the body feels rough and doesn't slips . and coming to your question, yellow or red, i would say both are striking with different tile color combos , rest depends , good luck

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a red 920, and kind of wish I had a black one (again) or a white one. I would prefer white because it is a gloss finish (matte just doesn't have enough grip for me), but I would take a black one if someone traded me; in either case (black or white), the tile colors don't clash with the color of your phone, so I would take either black or white if I had a choice. Using a red 920, with a teal tile theme (for example), and a white background doesn't look as good as it would on a black or white one. Using a red 920 almost makes me feel kind of "obligated" to using a red theme so that my phone and theme "match" and stand out.

To answer you question, IMO, I would take red....

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Thank you very much.. One question again is the red color dark cherry red or is it too orangy.. Cause in some videos it looks orangy and in some it looks cherry red which I like very much. How is it in real??
And black is also available but I don't want either black or white cause I've bored of these non coloured phones. Also I'm a college student so funky colors won't matter to me. Instead I can show off my friends with iPhones or Galaxies that heyy my phone looks way more beautiful.. :D

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a black 920 but wish I had yellow. Personally, I think all my favorite tile colors (cyan, indigo and steel) would go just great with the yellow 920. Red, on the other hand, although it's also gorgeous, would probably clash with certain tile colors.

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
My favorites are indigo, magenta, crimson and violet. With which color these themes will go cool with, with yellow or red??
I don't care for other color themes..

SamiSaifDine

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I was confused also, i posted in the Verge.com, some said to me go for White it's classy , and black is matte and most of them Suggested the Red and the yellow picatchu ..
I downloaded a Couple of pictures of the red and yellow ones in HD and i kept zooming these pictures, just to see which one will attract me the most .. ( well that didn't help me!! )
After that i got lucky when i saw both mobiles in a store and i got the opportunity to try them both !! That Day i knew that the RED one is the one .. its color was different from the picture more red than i thought ) and all i felt is DESIRE !! so i took the RED and i never regret it !!

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
That Day i knew that the RED one is the one .. its color was different from the picture more red than i thought ) and all i felt is DESIRE !! so i took the RED and i never regret it !!
This is what I exactly think.. Red is the one. However I didn't get a chance to see them in real. But if red is really more red than pictures then it is alluring me more..

immyperez

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I had the same dilemma when the 920 came out. Settled for yellow (it is very yellow btw) and my little bro went for red (to me it's like a dark lipstick red) Bought a matching pair of purity pros. Just upgraded to a 1020. Had I have gone for red - and considering there is no red 1020 - I'd be rocking a weird ketchup and mustard combo, lol.

Try and see if you can see them face to face and take it from there. Just be aware that yellow seems to be the flagship colour in regards to accessories.

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys don't use the words like dark lipstick red.. :) It makes me want the phone like right now.. I think I'll wait for red one. Cause dark lipstick/cherry red is my most favourite colour. :D But gotta wait :banghead:
However I can get yellow right tomorrow, but still I'll wait. Thanks.

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a red 920 and I love it. I can vouch for the fact that the colour is more of a lipstick/cherry red. I also just use whatever accent colour I feel like and it doesn't really seem to clash to me. Though that may be because I use the dark theme?

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Red 920 is hot. And it's not orangey at all, very much red. Some video lighting may wash it out, but in person, there's no doubt about the color.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If you're impatient and just go with whatever is available you'll probably regret it. It's not that the yellow is bad; I have it and love the color. However, if red is your preference then get that, even if you have to wait. Nokia's particular shade of red is incredibly nice anyway.

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah.. I'm gonna wait. Thanks for the help. I was almost about to get the yellow, but I won't cause I love the read so much.. :)

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
My favorites are indigo, magenta, crimson and violet. With which color these themes will go cool with, with yellow or red??
I don't care for other color themes..

Again, I personally think all of the colors I mentioned and the ones you like best would look better on a yellow 920. With red, it seems like colors like indigo and violet might clash too much.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I posted earlier that I had a red one, but I found someone on craigslist to trade me for a white one. I am so much happier with white because my live tile color isn't clashing with my phone color. Also, I find the build on this one superior to any Lumia I've ever used (black and red). TellMe, for some reason, works better than any other Windows Phone I've ever used, including my old 920s. It gets literally everything I say right, probably 9/10 times. Any other 920 I've used in the past (had 4 now) would probably be accurate 6/10 times. The screen also feels stronger, more scratch resistant, and like it has a better oleophobic coating as well; there also aren't any screen gaps or anything like my past 920s.

I ended up getting a way WAY better phone (quality and functionality wise) than what I expected, and I was simply wanting a color change...who knew...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05