ASK - new 920 heating up everytime using internet sharing

Denny Prijadi

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
hello all

i just bought a 920 (after owning 710) and so far happy with it.. there is an issue in 920 that i never encounter with lumia 710 and the phone sometiimes heating up in area above the camera lens. is this normal / acceptable condition ?

i usually used my lumias for internet sharing to my ipad, and while on the road sometimes i passed thru areas of bad 3g signal and i assume 920 trying to compensate with low signal with powering up so it heats the phone.. its not hot but a warm/very warm temperature that appears on backside area about above the camera.

other than this , everything works great and im already amber. battery good as long as im not using it heavy as internet sharing modem.

so should i return and replace the phone ? is it acceptable for nokia Care to accept this heating quirk ?

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Heating up and random battery drains is quite the norm on the 920, unfortunately. Try the app "Battery". It's great for monitoring battery usage. It'll give you toast alerts when there is a drain which is extremely handy to know when you're not using the device. I tend to soft reset when this happens (battery drain on idle) which cures the problem. This, is of course, after checking the background tasks for unwanted processes running.

Hope this helps. :)

Denny Prijadi

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
thanks all for confirmation and reassurance.. i can accept warm phone if its normal operating condition ;-)

so far im applying all battery saving methods i learned when i used Lumia 710 (lumia with the WORST battery life ever) and the 920 performed like charm batterylife wise, though the spotty telephony/3G network here really ruining battery life of ANY phone i own even iPhones..

btw isnt using a battery app (like Battery Widget, Battery , battery level etc) will drain your battery even faster ?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
thanks all for confirmation and reassurance.. i can accept warm phone if its normal operating condition ;-)

so far im applying all battery saving methods i learned when i used Lumia 710 (lumia with the WORST battery life ever) and the 920 performed like charm batterylife wise, though the spotty telephony/3G network here really ruining battery life of ANY phone i own even iPhones..

btw isnt using a battery app (like Battery Widget, Battery , battery level etc) will drain your battery even faster ?

A battery app only wakes up every 30 minutes and takes a reading, probably taking 1 second. So unless the app is badly written, the impact is negligible. The "Battery" app mentioned appears to be stable to me and includes a very useful 'warn on high discharge' notification option.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre