My Lumia 920 is stuck on reboot mode

Jorgezzz

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I am currently in Mombasa, Kenya. I tried to reset my device but something went wrong up on rebooting. My handset has yet to come on and the local nokia centre expert has yet to revive it. It has been a whole week now and nothing has substantiated. The phone charges but hangs at the "NOKIA" start-up logo. It is a Lumia 920 RM-820 developers edition.

Please advise or better yet, advise the local nokia care expert at the Mombasa Nokia Care office. :unhappy:

muhdalam

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
It seems your phone is stuck in a boot loop. :( I guess its battery must have run out during the reset process. According to what I've read up, it's due to the power provided by the charger being less than the power needed by the phone to boot up normally. When the OS is not running (as in the period between the initiation of a reset and before it finishes), the battery can deplete to zero, while when the OS is running, there is a check on minimum battery percentage before the phone powers off. I don't think you can solve this yourself due to the non removable nature of the battery but you can try telling this to your local support centre representative.

I wish you all the best on getting your phone functional again! :D

muhdalam

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Tell the support centre guy to take the battery out and charge it using a battery charger (I'm sure they'll have one). When the charged battery is reinserted into the phone, I hope booting will proceed as it's supposed to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077