Whats best Amber rom for ATT 920?

Rissen1k

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Whats best Amber rom for ATT 920?
I have the 3049.xxxxxxx.015 Vodafone now but after a month battery started to go down really quick. And I dont have Data Sense or WIFI Tethering Sharing for free.
Will Rogers Rom or the ATT Dev Rom better? Or any other rom?
Who got experience with this roms?

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Well ATT dev rom definitely has Data Sense. And all the people who have updated to ATT dev have had no unusual problems so far. I'd definitely use that over the Vodafone rom you're using now. That probably has all sorts of different bands and other carrier crap attached to it. The ATT dev rom has no carrier branding at all.

revfast

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
well I would think the euro dev rom is better, I've been having issues on the att dev rom tethering.

plus I think the euro dev rom will get faster updates !!!

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
check out the thread below. Lots of people with ATT have switched to either a French rom or Rogers rom (myself). I have no battery or connection issues. Some people have reported stability and connection issues with the ATT dev rom, issues that disappeared after switching to the Rogers rom. With the correct settings you could get tethering on a non-tethering plan with the French rom. I flashed with the Rogers Amber/GDR2 rom and now have data sense, fm radio and all the other extras that come with it. tethering does not work. However, I am on a plan that does not include tethering anyways. I am using Tether-X for that.
I personally decided to stick with a rom that matches the radio bands of my service (e.g. LTE will show up as LTE on the Rogers (RM-820) , while this will be different on the French rom (RM-821) ). All the details are here:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...h-any-lumia-920-full-amber-gdr2-features.html

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I have been trying to get back to stock ATT rom with amber or not :) . Whenever I am tethering and on a call at same times. My internet speed goes to 4G because calls are not on LTE and it's slow. Why can't it use both 4G and LTE at same time?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have been trying to get back to stock ATT rom with amber or not :) . Whenever I am tethering and on a call at same times. My internet speed goes to 4G because calls are not on LTE and it's slow. Why can't it use both 4G and LTE at same time?
which rom are you using? I assume you are using ATT Dev rom? If yes I suggest to switch to Rogers or the French rom. Stability and connection issues have been reported with the ATT Dev rom. I personally have no issues with the Rogers rom (ymmv of course).

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

This is normal behavior. I'm on the stock ATT rom (no amber) and when i'm on a call, the internet speed goes down to 4G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99