Newbie going nuts with Lumia 920 battery!

Pastorhss

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
My new (5 days) Lumia 920 starts day at 100% battery. Three hours later, with almost no activity, it is down to 63%, I have Battery Pro+ by Nokia installed. It says battery consumption is 11% per hour. :angry: Only have two Weather apps and this one in the background. All others closed. Any suggestions? This hadn't been so until now.

By the way, how can I keep Bing Search from showing when the phone comes out of the Lock Screen?

Thanks.

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Beside all that the others have mentioned such as turning off everything you don't need and getting a few full battery cycles, I and others can testify that these phones are psychotic about draining your battery and to me it seems to be tied to a app wanting to update or right after updating. Any other time battery life is great, considering phone usage.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
also if your not on 4g or the signal is not strong turn your phone to 3g only this was my problem at home where the 4g signal was weak and it killed my battery in just a couple of hours

Gocheif

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Agree 100%. Usually my 920 still has 85% or more of its charge after a full 10 hour day of mixed use, however poor signal strength will kill the battery in no time...

bondarun

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Dont Disable Location, Keep it ON...

Try deleting Nokia Drive+ and Nokia Music ( do it and reboot your device once )

Set your Mails fetch to 1hr
You can keep your wifi and data turned on 24/7

Even i had the same issue, after deleting Nokia Drive+ and Nokia Music battery life totally changed...

Now i have around 25~30% left over at the end of the day...

I dont NFC or Glance etc.. i kept them off for good..

My usage will be Calls, sms, wechat whatsapp and browsing

bondarun

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Also Try to Block background apps which you dont need..

I did block Here City lens, Apps social and other which i dont really use..

Now i got 20% extra battery left over... :D

Which is 45% left over now.. I took it out from charge by 9:30am...

eurochick47

May 20, 2013
Visit site
My battery was absolutely horrible the first week I had my phone, it would last maybe 8 hours total, and I was very good at keeping most tasks/features disabled. After the Amber update, it was also really bad for two or three days. I don't know why, but it takes a few days for it to "normalize" it seems. Might be an anecdotal observation only. I'm back to at least a day of battery now, with heavy use.

The biggest drain for me was LTE. Our coverage isn't so great where I live, so my phone bounces between LTE/4G and 3G every few minutes. So when I'm in my house, I simply turn on 2G w/ data on, and leave my WiFi on. I'll only turn off WiFi and activate 3G when I'm out of the house. LTE just murders my battery in some places.

The rest of my settings:
- All emails are on 15minute sync (3 days)
- Only background tasks I have on are Bing News, Whatsapp, 6tag, JDB Facebook and Twitter.
- Location/NFC/Bluetooth is off.
- Wifi is pretty much always on, since I'm often at home w/ "keep wi-fi on when screen times out enabled"
- Brightness is on automatic, display has battery saver brightness and sunlight readability enabled
- Touch is on high
- Glance is on peek (always on can drain the battery a lot, I hear)
- Backups are off
- Battery saver is off (I can generally make it through the day, so I don't need to have this enabled)

Hopefully your battery life will start to improve, good luck!

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I never understood how location, wifi, Bluetooth, NFC, screws battery life for some people. I leave them on all the time and get 25 hours of battery life.

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Agree 100%. Usually my 920 still has 85% or more of its charge after a full 10 hour day of mixed use, however poor signal strength will kill the battery in no time...

Jesus, seriously?? Damn aren't you lucky?!! My phone's been discharging crazily fast, but that's 'cause I've been using in to play Benji Bananas (I love that game)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClareceKeard