Live tile weather apps

Ssrki

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I mean that my L920 have a problem with live tile of weather apps like accu-weather, Bing weather, weather channel. In all apps live tile is set to on, in settings and apps background tasks all are set to allowed. Live tile don't refreshes automatically. What is the problem or how long is interval of auto refreshing?

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
My experience has been that they refresh about every half hour. This has been the same across every weather app I've tried (weather channel, weather flow and bing weather)

ruronirican

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have yet to use a weather app that would update the Live tile or lock screen properly... and recently NONE other than bing weather would update the app information unless i do turn off and turn on location based service within the app...

this is one of the most frustrating things that i experience with WP8 so far...

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Are you saying ONLY your weather tiles do not update or all your 3rd party tiles that are pinned don't update? Usually when you have tile problems that are not specific app related, it tends to be all of them. (Intermittent, not at all, etc.)

Check out the comments/suggestions by Mr. Brown and myself in this thread:

Live tiles dead

Basically it's most likely too many background agents running. (Some apps can have agents running and you may not see them in the 'background tasks' settings screen) I'd advise opening all your apps and checking their respective settings to disable Live Tiles, and other background agent/tasks there on top of blocking unwanted apps in the background tasks settings. Also keep a count of how many apps have background tasks running. More than 15 seems to be the spot where people start having troubles. Good luck.

Ssrki

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
One more question, does internet connection (data or wi-fi) need to be on constantly or if I switch connection to on after 1-2 hours, live tile will update?

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
One more question, does internet connection (data or wi-fi) need to be on constantly or if I switch connection to on after 1-2 hours, live tile will update?

I'm not sure if it will queue up or just checks at the time interval it's set to. I suspect the latter. It will update if you open the app however of course.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire