If I flash from ATT ROM to another, will tethering be enabled?

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Question says it all. I use Straight Talk, not ATT, so I think it's ridiculous that I'm still hamstrung by ATT policy.

If it will work, which ROM would you suggest flashing to?

86ipods

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Question says it all. I use Straight Talk, not ATT, so I think it's ridiculous that I'm still hamstrung by ATT policy.

I'm also on Straight Talk and I decided to flash to a French ROM mainly to enable tethering. I still had to do the trick with downloading the Spanish keyboard to actually get tethering working. I'm still glad I did it and it was definitely worth it but one thing you might take into consideration is that you can't go back to the AT&T ROM once you change to one of the global variants.

michaelkriss

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious as to what you did to get tethering working. I am on Straight Talk and did a french ROM to get GDR2 but haven;t ever been able to get tethering working, any tips/links would be appreciated.

surya kiran

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I flashed my ATT Lumia 920 with Indian variant firmware and tethering works fine for me.
Iam not sure whether you get LTE though as it shows 3G as Highest connection .

Product code ( Lumia 920 RED India) : 059R294

If you want to try flashing with Euro Dev ROM : 059R4H6

86ipods

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious as to what you did to get tethering working. I am on Straight Talk and did a french ROM to get GDR2 but haven;t ever been able to get tethering working, any tips/links would be appreciated.

Sorry for the delayed response. I used this guide to get everything working: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...h-any-lumia-920-full-amber-gdr2-features.html. One of the last steps involves changing the APN to LTE 2. Instead, just create your StraightTalk APN, activate it, and then complete the steps by downloading the Spanish keyboard update. Good luck

michaelkriss

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I know this is a long forgotten thread but I finally had reason to wipe my 920 and start over so I did the suggestion of downloading the Spanish (Spain) keyboard and came to report it worked! I was able to tether my Dell Venue Pro 8. I only remember a handful of times when I have actually used a WiFi tether but it is a really nice option to have in a pinch. I was able to pull about 9 MBs down on Straight Talk.

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok i am from India i am on Airtel prepaid my internet sharing was disabled. But for once had used my gf reliance sim on it. Voila internet sharing is working even on my Airtel prepaid

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

trooters

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss