Bricked during GDR 2

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
try 30+ It isn't bricked....but who the hell knows who this step isn't the same for most. must have something to do with available space or exactly what kind of files you have on there that I presume are getting shuffled around.

thejoyofsobe

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I just finished 40 minutes of spinning gears during the first of apparently two updates before coming out of it so it can take a while. Migrating data now but that's going to take a while as i've only a couple of gigs free.

No clue how long the second update will take.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine is at about an hour spinning. Last time just for downloading a different keyboard. It took 4 hours. It is ridiculous.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine is now migrating data step 1 of 5. This was no 5-10 minute estimate that the update said it would take

boo516

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I actually have a new problem. My update went through after 45 min. But as soon as I put my phone to sleep the screen becomes disabled. I can click the middle button to get to lock screen but cannot swipe up. The cApacitive buttons do not work either. Only the side physical buttons work. However if I reset my phone through volume down and power the touchscreen can be used again. But if I put it to sleep again, screen becomes disabled again. Anyone else have this?

Tempest790

Oct 3, 2004
Visit site
Spinning gears here too. Hard reset my wife's 920 phone a couple of months ago when I got her the 1020, and the 920 stuck in gears mode and had to be swapped out at the AT&T service center.

I'm going to throw this phone in their face and demand either a 920 with the GDR2 already installed or give me a 1020. This is 2 for 2 going bad and that's unacceptable.

I am p!ssed!!!

WTH did they do to test this update for the last two months?

Update:

Success ... after 3 1/2 hours! Went back to my phone, and it was updated. Not sure why it took so long. I sure was going to raise some hell over this if it didn't work. Very happy with the new Glance features.

Last edited:

scooooters

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Looks like the install went fine...then restarted to a sad face, then spinning gears...for a half an hour. If this doesn't clear up in the next 30, I'm done with this phone. Great tiles and interface does NOT make up for bricking software and phones. And we all know none of these companies give two damns about us. And I'm not that damned tech superior to do this nightmare reboot nonsense that was listed.

Sean Miller4

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I dont know how many people i have to explain this to, the phone is SUPPOSED to go into spinning, depending what data you and whats installed this can range anywhere from 10 minutes to literally 15-20 hrs, you resetting while the gears are spinnign is essentially interupting the flash and then you possibly brick your phone, all you impatient people bricking your phones and blaming nokia and everybody is ridiculous, they never said it would be under a certain amount of time, you cant wait then you deserve a bricked phone. I'm here to there is NO PROBLEM with bricked phones except people resetting it in the middle of an update or reset, its your fault, returning the phone to at&t because you didnt wait until update was done. At&t has no clue about windows phones they dont know any different. You CANNOT interrupt a flash in the middle of it, doesnt matter what your flashing, routers, phones, usb, they have to finish or you risk bricking whatever your flashing. And it has nothing to do with any hardware what so ever. If you have spinning gears its fine plug it in leave it alone might take all night next day it will be updated. If you dont like waiting that long then delete all the crap off your phone BEFORE you try to update it will update in 20 min easy.

scooooters

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps the phone shouldn't say "IT WILL ONLY TAKE ONLY A FEW MINUTES" when updating and we wouldn't be concerned. I've had 2 of these things brick already and I'm down to my last nerve. I didn't reset or restart it either time, but I'll be GOD DAMNED if I wait 20 HOURS for an update. If it takes 20 hours, then that SHOULD BE BROADCAST before anyone updates. Who can go without a business phone for 20 hours?! And you're an *** saying someone DESERVES a bricked phone. Go crawl back under your bridge troll.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte