Glance

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Like Glance - not a fan of staying on all the time while charging. That is why you select different options - charging should have no impact.

It doesn't hurt the phone screen the numbers move so it doesn't "burn" in on one spot of the screen and it won't stay on while charging if you turn off Glance :wink:

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
You are assuming correctly. Nothing happens with a double tap. It does nothing.
Quick tap, Slow tap.

its a very even tap, I spent days trying to get it to work and a friend's 8 year old showed me
'' you're tapping too soft ''bingo a bit harder with even pressure made it work, but still it's more effort than just pushing the start button.

Dex Da Rex

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
No I think it might be broken screen that is the reason even though my touch screen works. I will try that app but I tap it like 10 times and nothing happens.

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me or is the Glance screen clock moving up the screen? Mine is currently(plugged in) covering up my background image.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I honestly don't see the point of Glance in my daily use so far. When I pull it out of my pocket, I naturally also press the "lock" button, which displays my wallpaper. Assuming I don't, then yes, I get to "Glance"...at what? The time? Notifications currently don't show, AND I have to press the lock button or double tap to switch over to my lock screen. When my phone is on the desk, I can tap it to show the clock, but right now, no notifications.

I think Glance could be super awesome if it integrated better with your notifications/lock screen.

1. Make it just the "glance" screen. That way, when you pull it out, it has time, wallpaper, notifications, and you can swipe to unlock.

OR

2. It automatically just goes to your lock screen instead of the "Glance". Like I said, right now the thing is a bit moot. You go from Time, to wallpaper + time + notifications, to main screen.

Also, given I spend an hour at the gym, and 2 hours in my car everyday. Would be pretty neat if Nokia figured out something for those who listen to music often. At least music controls on glance.

Last edited:

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't see the point of Glance in my daily use so far. When I pull it out of my pocket, I naturally also press the "lock" button, which displays my wallpaper. Assuming I don't, then yes, I get to "Glance"...at what? The time?

For now, that's exactly why I use Glance. I look at the time with my phone a bunch, so it's very helpful with that.

However, I also feel the same as you do about post notifications. Once they add notifications, then I won't see the need.for a Glance screen. Just show me my lockscreen, how much battery/time will I really be saving with a glance screen?

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me or is the Glance screen clock moving up the screen? Mine is currently(plugged in) covering up my background image.

yeah it does that when you charge the phone, im guessing it is almost like a screensaver for your computer, since the glance is always on when you charge

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
yeah it does that when you charge the phone, im guessing it is almost like a screensaver for your computer, since the glance is always on when you charge

I keep looking at it's always in different places, so that makes sense. Just as long as I'm not going crazy haha

maxmin

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I agree with this. With Glance there are too many steps to get the phone "open." The phone should allow Glance OR Wallpaper.

Glance should have more notifications and Agenda build in like the Wallpaper screen has. Actually brief local weather like in the Night Stand Clock app I used to use before Glance would be nice too.

And then double tapping should take you straight to the "open" phone mode or Password entry if you pasword is in effect. But i DO like the double tapping to activate. I have never really liked the Nokia position of the On button. I preffered the physical Home button on the Samsung Focus Flash I had before the 820.

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I do like how glance can be a quick look (a "glance" if you will lol) at the current time. I know I use it in class and other places to peak at the clock. and then when I am looking to actually get into my phone, I just use the lock button as normal and it takes me to the lockscreen. But I do think that the next step would be for nokia/MS to release an option to turn the lockscreen off and just use glance

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Duh! Wasn't enabled. Enabled it and boom. It works. Thanks.

I thought that was the case but I didn't want to accuse you of overlooking the #1 easiest option so I had to come up with something else that would send you to the same settings area :) haha!

I was saddened by the fact that that only allow 4 backgrounds. I tired doing the justice league icons, but I only got 4 :/

You need to click the little (+) at the bottom and it will take you to your photos where you can pick from anything saved to your phone or your cloud.

But I do think that the next step would be for nokia/MS to release an option to turn the lockscreen off and just use glance

No, no no no no. If instead of the glance screen if it just went straight to your start screen you'd be screwing up your apps all the time, haha.
I'd love to see an advanced "double tap" though that was a [tap+swipe up]....And that woke the phone and skipped the lock screen (straight to Pin or Start)

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
You need to click the little (+) at the bottom and it will take you to your photos where you can pick from anything saved to your phone or your cloud.

I mean for the multiple backgrounds. We can only have 4 backgrounds at a time alternating in Glance. Which is fine if it's just a beta things(and I'm hoping it is).

Either way I'm find sticking with batman, superman, flash, and green lantern for now. :D

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
No, no no no no. If instead of the glance screen if it just went straight to your start screen you'd be screwing up your apps all the time, haha.
I'd love to see an advanced "double tap" though that was a [tap+swipe up]....And that woke the phone and skipped the lock screen (straight to Pin or Start)

lol maybe. but I still think it would be cool to be able to open the phone with just a double tap of the screen and no swipe. at least give the option for people who want to do it that way.

Willyman

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to influence the brightness of the Glance screen? I don't know, but I seems on my Lumia 1020 it's a lot less bright than on some pictures I see on the forum of people taking pictures of their Glance screen setup. Changing the global Brightness settings doesn't do anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte