SOOOOOO GDR2 didnt fix storage?

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, but I can't understand you at all. Can you speak English please xP
sorry I was typing while walking my dog but what I was hoping to spell out is that im still sitting on 10gb of other storage they said it was fixed but to me it doesn't look that way! On gdr3 I was hoping for a more direct fix for this other storage issue not just scrabbling it around . As far as I see my other is still growing not shrinking .

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
sorry I was typing while walking my dog but what I was hoping to spell out is that im still sitting on 10gb of other storage they said it was fixed but to me it doesn't look that way! On gdr3 I was hoping for a more direct fix for this other storage issue not just scrabbling it around . As far as I see my other is still growing not shrinking .

As SoloXCRacer has said, in #14, GDR2 was meant to fix a specific bug which didn't do much for me. we have to bear in mind that 'Other' is not just temporary data, it's all stored e-mail and attachments, messages, cached Skydrive documents, photos, OfficeHub documents, application and saved game data, offline maps, Xbox Music metadata, anything that does not fit the other standard categories.

In GDR3, things are somewhat improved, if a little more obscure. 'Other' no longer exists. Instead, we have three new categories, email+messaging, maps and temporary files (all of which previously were part of Other.) Apps now reports more accurately how much space all the apps use in total including saved data and cache. Temporary files can be scheduled to be removed but it is a background process.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos