Wi-fi does not stay alive after GDR2 + Amber update on 920

montastic

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else having problem with wi-fi disconnecting when the phone screen is turned off?
I keep the cell-phone data turned off at home and Wi-fi on. But after GDR2+Amber, the Wi-Fi does not stay connected. So I can't get any WhatsApp messages or MetroTalk texts when the screen is turned off.
This is super annoying - I have to wait a few seconds after the screen is turned on for the Wi-Fi to connect.

Help!

Chief_Adu

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

Try this out:

Go to settings -> WiFi -> Advanced -> Tick "Keep WiFi on when screen times out".

Please tell me if this worked! :)

montastic

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I figured my settings would have carried over from before after the update.
I just set the "keep wi-fi on during screen lock" setting.
I will report if this seems to fix the problem.
Thanks everyone for your help!

nycny

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Odd, after the previous update before GDR2, I was having poor WiFi, intermittent disconnection. Corrected with GDR2/Amber
Quite strange indeed.

jphansen

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
having the same problem here

just did a factory reset ( which bricked the device for two days ). but the problem persists.

If this really is a bug why is it only affecting some people ? - anything to do with the Nokia extras ?

Korfuntu

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I've been having the same trouble, but my WIFI settings did not have the 'keep alive' set when the screen blanks. I've reset that option, and we'll see what happens...

UPDATE: So far so good...Screen blanks and the WIFI stays connected. I think I'm good...

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Anybody else having problem with wi-fi disconnecting when the phone screen is turned off?
I keep the cell-phone data turned off at home and Wi-fi on. But after GDR2+Amber, the Wi-Fi does not stay connected. So I can't get any WhatsApp messages or MetroTalk texts when the screen is turned off.
This is super annoying - I have to wait a few seconds after the screen is turned on for the Wi-Fi to connect.

Help!

I'm also having intermittent WiFi issues after gdr2 on my 8x...and yes I have it set to stay on when the screen times out.

I am also having this problem, I have to turn my WiFi on and off to fix the problem, for a short amount of time.

having the same problem here

just did a factory reset ( which bricked the device for two days ). but the problem persists.

If this really is a bug why is it only affecting some people ? - anything to do with the Nokia extras ?
Been having same issues for about two weeks or so. Even turning off data doesn't help. I have to keep turning Wi-Fi off and on. And I'm on the 925... lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs