Amber update totally fixed my battery

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Have you noticed your battery life improve since Amber? Not just my L920, my wife's L920 has killer battery life now. At least it does today. I'll watch it over the next week to see if this is some illusion but it is holding charge like I have not seen since I got it.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I agree that Amber has improved the battery. Well, my 920 was giving me pretty good battery life before I got the GDR2/Amber update (my 920 is a Rogers unlocked, so I got it in mid-August), but it's been even better since. I got around 36 hours of battery a few days back and would have gotten up to 40 had I not been going to bed (phone was at 14% by the time I put it on the charger just before I turned in).

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Battery life has been great. With all the bells and whistles enabled at all times (glance, double tap to wake, wifi+lte on at all times, even added a few more live tiles to the homescreen), and increased usage (been playing with procam and smart cam a lot), my battery life is the same as it was pre update.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
yes my battery life has got MUCH better. Before I was barely making it past work. I did quite a bit on it today and still had life way into the evening. I also noticed it doesn't get as warm now on wireless plate. They definitely made some improvements there!

Kyle Stilkey

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree here. Since the update, my Batteries life has been amazing. The phone doesn't get near as hot as it did when I would play games on it. Also seems that my games performance has made a slight improvement with the Amber update.

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Enabling airplane mode, with WiFi on, my phone only lost 5% charge overnight. This is a good thing! With the same settings, browsing the net for a few minutes resulted in a full 10% loss. Phone isn't heating up like it used to, but I wonder why web browsing is so hard on the battery?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Enabling airplane mode, with WiFi on, my phone only lost 5% charge overnight. This is a good thing! With the same settings, browsing the net for a few minutes resulted in a full 10% loss. Phone isn't heating up like it used to, but I wonder why web browsing is so hard on the battery?
What kinds of sites do you surf and what browser are you using?

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
So far my battery life got worse. I have Glance turned off and it did not help. The battery gets to 50% after about 8 hours. Before GDR2/Amber it took about 18 hours for it to get to about 60% under similar usage patterns. I use the wireless charger most of the time.

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Wireless charging has made it so I rarely notice battery life (my desks have chargers and it's easier to put the phone there than in my pocket), but I hope it has improved. It wasn't great before when I would be outside a lot.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Mine is much improved from where it used to be. Now I can get more then a full day out of my battery before it would die in less then a day.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
So far, today, I've watched several youtube vids. Went for a jog at the park listening to Pandora, then working in the yard for almost 3 hours with Pandora, Rdio and Rhapsody all that time and even snapped some photos and my battery dropped just over a third since this morning. Its 5:30 here now. Granted, this is more than I ever use my phone ordinarily in a day. I worked it today to see if Amber was real.

I think this is some awesome technology in this update. Maybe Nokia/Microsoft removed a lot of that debug code aka OTHER STORAGE that that's why we see this kind of improvement.

HartfordCT

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, my L920 battery life has improved quite nicely as well. I had 74% remaining after 11 hours of moderate use. Normally it would have gone down to 40-50%. I took a screenshot of it:

https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

I also like the glance feature very much. Hope the GDR3 and Bitter Shimmer would bring even more awesome features.

FYI, I have Whatsapp, Lock Buster, and My Stocks Portfolio+ running in the background with the Glance Always On, Bluetooth, NFC, and High Touch Sensitivity always on.

navidee

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately I was hoping that would be the case with my wife's 920, but she still only gets 6-7 hours off a full charge. Its extremely frustrating and the second one she's gotten from ATT. Do you think they will give another for a 3rd time? Her warranty will be up next month so I need to move quick.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad