Successful GDR2/Amber update for 920

outback15

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
In the original news/thread/post of the amber update for L920, there are a good no of ppl whose updates were unsuccessful. Either their phones bricked or lost some functionality in some of their apps or phone features. But I'm sure there are also a large no of users who have had success with the update thus do not find the need to post. Just to get an unscientific gauge of success vs failure rate, I'll start off with my saying that mine was successful. My favorite new feature/app is ProCam and TaptoWake. Not so much need for Glance but it's welcome anyway. Pls drop a short line with ur favorite. Thx

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Mine is battery life. Wow, this update has truly improved it. Tap to wake doesn't work on my L920 nor my wife's L920. Not sure whats up there but beyond that, I think it was successful. It feels a lot more smooth too. More polished.

pogi920

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Mine is battery life. Wow, this update has truly improved it. Tap to wake doesn't work on my L920 nor my wife's L920. Not sure whats up there but beyond that, I think it was successful. It feels a lot more smooth too. More polished.

Did you activate that function?just asking anyway...
For me all those additional features are working fine and battery life has improved.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Did you activate that function?just asking anyway...
For me all those additional features are working fine and battery life has improved.

I just left the Glance thread and someone asked me the same question. I said, DUH!! Because I hadn't. After enabling it, it works. So the update is now 100 percent. (as far as I can tell) :)

MBA Collie

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately mine bricked! Its been stuck at the spinning gears screen for the past 48 hours and now the phone will not charge. Somehow the phone underwent a rapid discharge even while plugged into the wall charger during the Amber Update process. Now I see why At&T was reluctant to release this update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett