Proud new owner!

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I finally got a 920 today after reading about the GDR2 release yesterday. I was hesitant to give up my Quantum, but so far I am thoroughly impressed!

Better:

1. Nokia Drive+. I was worried about this since so many people have whined about this on the forums. I love it!

2. Screen clarity. Compared to the Quantum it is just unbelievable.

3. Storage. I can now fit my entire music collection and the entire world's maps!

4. Wireless charging. Don't have one yet, but looking forward to it!

5. Camera. Freaking amazing with all the Nokia stuff!

6. Reinstalling all of my apps via windowsphone.com was sweet!

Worse:

1. I miss my keyboard.

2. No arrow keys to easily navigate around text.

3. I miss Zune. I tried the Desktop sync program, but it sucked. I ended up just copying directly via Windows Explorer, which actually decreased the amount of storage used.

4. Screen size. Too difficult for one-hand use.

So, the good outweighs the bad and I'm stoked right now! Can't beat it for 99 cents!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Before you realize, the size of the 920 will feel like the standard. Then you grab a lighter phone and it surprises you like when you thought the gallon of milk jug was more full. lol. You'll have to make adjustments but it'll all feel normal to you in no time. Again congrats.

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Before you realize, the size of the 920 will feel like the standard. Then you grab a lighter phone and it surprises you like when you thought the gallon of milk jug was more full. lol. You'll have to make adjustments but it'll all feel normal to you in no time. Again congrats.

Ah, the metaphors!! But you're right. My father's E63 feels too small to hold when I compare it to my 720

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
The weight doesn't bother me in the slightest. I really don't know what to say about people that can't handle the weight of a cell phone. The screen size, on the other hand, makes it challenging for me to reach all corners with only my right hand. I'm sure I will adjust to it over time somehow.

I'm digging the glance feature also and it's exciting to know that Nokia is the top innovator in the industry right now and I'm along for the ride!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos