Lumia 720 digitizer replace

akarsh920

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
One of my friend is facing the below problem, Do you have idea ?...

Anyone has experience of replacing broken Lumia 720 glass panel? I need to know the price and place. Preferably in Chennai.

I saw Lumia 720 digitizer on ebay for Rs 2300 and i wonder if the Nokia service guy will do the service with the part i give them to replace with a nominal charge.

Nokia service center is demanding Rs 8K for replacement (with parts) and i felt its insane.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
One of my friend is facing the below problem, Do you have idea ?...

Anyone has experience of replacing broken Lumia 720 glass panel? I need to know the price and place. Preferably in Chennai.

I saw Lumia 720 digitizer on ebay for Rs 2300 and i wonder if the Nokia service guy will do the service with the part i give them to replace with a nominal charge.

Nokia service center is demanding Rs 8K for replacement (with parts) and i felt its insane.

The difference between them doing it and some random person doing it is, they will not void your warranty, and a random person may or may not void your warranty (It depends on the care center rep, he may say that someone else opened the device so the warranty is void).

Yes, it is a method to get cash from customers, all device makers charge a bomb to replace broken LCD unless you have insurance.

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
a) Nokia will laugh if you ask the guy there to do the job with the part you provide.

b) 2300 is stupidly cheap, <$40. I very much doubt if it's a genuine Nokia part. Link?

ATUL ANNIE GUPTA

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Thats not actually a reason to laugh... The part that needs to be replaced in this case is called digitizer which comes for around Rs. 1200. Just search for Nokia Lumia 720 Digitizer.

The digitizer needs to be replaced when your phone's glass screen is broken and your LCD Display is working all fine. But what these Nokia people do is replace your digitizer and LCD as well, though the LCD does not at all needs a replacement. The total cost of a digitizer plus the LCD Display comes around 8K, which is around hopping 50 percent of the phone, which is indeed insane.

alt-is

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Am also facing the same issue.. I have seen a digitizer for Around 1100 INR ...anyone can u pls guide me on what adhesive i should use to fix it to LCD and where to buy that adhesive??

sathish2k

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
where did u get this digitizer and how did you figure it out wether original or fake ?? i too need a digitizer for my new phone which got damaged

srishti gupta1

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Two days ago I also broke my lumia 720's touch panel.
I have asked few mobile repairing shops in Delhi/NCR but all are just charging to replace the whole thing.
Only the glass is broken not lcd. BTW the lcd and front panel is super glued together. You can separate them with the thread.
Just the check the documentary on the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c1M9jGXs-E
But they don't do it in India most probably, or may be they do it but will charge the person with the full amount:(:devil:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)