File manager on nokia lumia 920 (maybe other lumia products, don't know)

Edson Vuma

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have a Nokia Lumia 920.

Here is my problem.
When I download files from the browser of the phone, or files attached to email, I JUST CANT FIND THEM LATER.....
I can connect the windows phone on my PC but still cant find the files.
I don't know if there is a specific folder where the files are stored, but just cant find them.

I miss a FILE EXPLORER too on the phone.
It would be nice to have it, cause this way I could browse on the phone to search what I want.

Is there an app which do this?

THIS IS F****** BORING...veeeeeeeeeeeeeery BORING. YOU CAN EVEN THINK ABOUT CHANGE THE PHONE JUST BECAUSE OF THIS. TSK

Best regards
/EV

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
You can only access files the phone recognizes. This is currently, PDF (app required), Office docs, HTML files. All other files are unrecognized.

No file explorer exists though there are some form of file explorer apps you can download, check out windowsphone.com I can't vouch for them as I don't use them.

Edson Vuma

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi, Thanks

PLEASE, PLEASE..PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE
PLEASE.

CAN YOU TELL ME WHICH APP TO DOWNLOAD?

Tired of searching and NOT WORK..

PLEASE.

Best regards

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Holy cow bro, did you even read the second comment? YOU CANNOT ACCESS THOSE FILES FROM YOUR PC AND THERE IS NO FILE MANAGER ON WINDOWS PHONE.

Edson Vuma

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Holy cow bro, did you even read the second comment? YOU CANNOT ACCESS THOSE FILES FROM YOUR PC AND THERE IS NO FILE MANAGER ON WINDOWS PHONE.

Did you read this on N_LaRUE's comment: "...there are some form of file explorer apps you can download..."

Holy cow bro..... :)

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN.

Best regards
EV

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Did you read this on N_LaRUE's comment: "...there are some form of file explorer apps you can download..."

Holy cow bro..... :)

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN.

Best regards
EV

Did you read my comment? Let me repeat it for you - YOU CANNOT ACCESS THOSE FILES FROM YOUR PC AND THERE IS NO FILE MANAGER ON WINDOWS PHONE.

Edson Vuma

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Did you read my comment? Let me repeat it for you - YOU CANNOT ACCESS THOSE FILES FROM YOUR PC AND THERE IS NO FILE MANAGER ON WINDOWS PHONE.

You didnt need to be so rude...:asleep: ,hipporama
Dont confuse knowledge with intelligence...I could see that you have the knowledge....dont know about the other thing I said. :(

Any way, thanks to your rudeness.

EV

Jealy666

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
You can only access files the phone recognizes. This is currently, PDF (app required), Office docs, HTML files. All other files are unrecognized.

No file explorer exists though there are some form of file explorer apps you can download, check out windowsphone.com I can't vouch for them as I don't use them.

You can actually open .ZIP files to see the contents, but cannot do anything with said contents unless (as you say) it's a file the phone recognises. Such as doc, pdf, xls, etc.

Edson Vuma

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
You can actually open .ZIP files to see the contents, but cannot do anything with said contents unless (as you say) it's a file the phone recognises. Such as doc, pdf, xls, etc.

I just wonder....why Microsoft/Nokia dont just fix this VERYYYYYYY BORING thing?? :angry:

Regards,
EV

Edson Vuma

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Maybe because they wouldn't want users to mess up the phone?

No way, before I buy this, I used a GALAXY S3 and I can easily access my files and NEVER MESSED UP THE PHONE...
That is not a justification...on the programming, they can make "rules" to deny these "attempts" of deleting the crucial files of the phone.

SO, AGAIN.....ITS BORING...

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
No way, before I buy this, I used a GALAXY S3 and I can easily access my files and NEVER MESSED UP THE PHONE...
That is not a justification...on the programming, they can make "rules" to deny these "attempts" of deleting the crucial files of the phone.

SO, AGAIN.....ITS BORING...

If a File Manager is "BORING" then it's good that we don't have one on Windows Phone, I wouldn't want my WP to become "BORING", would I?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There is no file manager for WP8
There will be no file manager for WP8
Any file Manager apps you see in the market place won't do what you want them to
No application can see, access, or modify any data files that are associated with another app

This has been done for security considerations, and the fact that the vast majority of users wouldn't use the file manager functionality if it existed.

If a file manager is that important to you, then you'll need to head back to Android.

It might be boring to you, but this is how Windows Phone works.

Edson Vuma

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
There is no file manager for WP8
There will be no file manager for WP8
Any file Manager apps you see in the market place won't do what you want them to
No application can see, access, or modify any data files that are associated with another app

This has been done for security considerations, and the fact that the vast majority of users wouldn't use the file manager functionality if it existed.

If a file manager is that important to you, then you'll need to head back to Android.

It might be boring to you, but this is how Windows Phone works.

BEST ANSWER....
Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb