Anybody else having a problem with people hearing them?

Andrew del Valle

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Recently anybody that calls me says they can't hear me. I am on ATT in NYC. It only works when I'm outside. Very frustrating. I really don't want to trade in my phone for a replacement. I'm going to try a soft reset and see if that works. Any other suggestions are appreciated.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
To answer your question, nope, no such problem over here. Then again, I have a Rogers 920 and use it on T-Mobile. Ironically, though, I'm also in the NYC area.

pderosa

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue. There was lint in the tiny holes in the top and bottom of the phone. I took a pin and very carefully cleared the holes and it has been much better since.

Myles Sampey

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes thank you I had this problem too! I had water damage on first Lumia 920 so received a replacement and on both I had the issue of people not being able to hear me and that it sounded as if I was underwater. I recently discovered that it was indeed the tiny holes in bottom blocked by lint and I used a needle to clear it and since this its been fine!

gothfebrio

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
lumia 920 uses top microphone when you make calls. i have no idea why. viber and skype uses the bottom mic though. check if you blocked the top mic.

anon(5373980)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
After the Amber/GDR2 update on 920 my microphone will stop working and I'll have to reset the phone before people can hear me again. Works for a few days and then goes bad again. I'm going to do a factory reset and see what happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6