Magnetic pouch cases and Lumia 920

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have experience on whether or not the magnets in belt pouch cases affect the Lumia 920's battery because of its built-in wireless charging?

OR does anyone know of a good pouch that's not magnetic that would accommodate the 920 with a protective case? WPC used to sell a Dickies case, but it's not listed anymore?
Maybe pouches for other phones that are larger than 920 would work, but what phones are comparable in size to a 920 with case? Galaxys seem too thin to be comparable.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I would never take chances with my phone and any magnets. But for what it's worth, I use a backpack purse that has a small outer pocket that closes via magnet and carry my phone inside the bag all the time. However, I try to keep it on the side that doesn't have the magnet just to be safe.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have experience on whether or not the magnets in belt pouch cases affect the Lumia 920's battery because of its built-in wireless charging?

OR does anyone know of a good pouch that's not magnetic that would accommodate the 920 with a protective case? WPC used to sell a Dickies case, but it's not listed anymore?
Maybe pouches for other phones that are larger than 920 would work, but what phones are comparable in size to a 920 with case? Galaxys seem too thin to be comparable.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!

I have two belt pouches with magnets and my phone has been working with it for a year now. Never had any issues with battery life which is still the same as my wife's L920 which we purchased at the same time (she is not using a magnetic pouch). The magnets on the pouches are weak enough to not cause any interference or damage. You CAN damage your phone with a coin size, thicker (3mm) rare earth magnet that is strong enough ( 1Tesla at surface). However, the ones in the pouches or holders are much weaker.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster