Nokia here maps icon color changed?

Lawrence Crecy

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello does anyone know why my Nokia here maps icon is dark blue now? I had my theme as red but now I was forced to changing it to light blue since the Nokia here maps icon is throwing off my icon color themes..

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Mine changed after installing the update. Bummer, because I have my small here maps tile among other accent colour small tiles. I might have to do some re-arranging of my tiles. :p

apalm8

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello does anyone know why my Nokia here maps icon is dark blue now? I had my theme as red but now I was forced to changing it to light blue since the Nokia here maps icon is throwing off my icon color themes..

Wow I take it back...mine did change and I didn't even notice.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Mine stayed the same color as my theme...

Unless you have that dark of a blue /colbalt isn't that dark/ then you're the only person who had it match the same color as your theme.
Could you please post a screen shot then new updated of Here Maps tile along with the version 3.5.481.8 showing -you'll find that in about when you open the app.

It's almost the same dark navy blue as Nokia's Battery Pro+

Gedge

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Why? Why they changed the default color the user chose and give us a unchangeable color. And instead the monochromatic elegance of the old apps now we have a bicolor (cobalt and light blue) :C

I'm worried that now every developer and publisher will choose one color for their apps making our screens an awful rainbow.

AlexOwliver

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
It looks like the HERE apps are heading towards dark blue (City Lens, Transit, Explore, Maps have changed for me - Drive+ still is background colored) and their photography apps (Nokia Camera, Smart Cam, Pro, Panorama, etc) are now colored purple.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm conflicted. I do like the new app colors. On the other hand, I can definitely see situations where it doesn't blend in like it should. Windows Phone isn't like Windows 8 where system tile colors are more varied. If nothing else, Nokia should offer the option to switch the tile to the theme's color.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I've deleted it because it throws off my theme.. I hope Nokia gets its s**t together and changes it back.

A little OCD? Did you delete all of Nokia's camera and video apps too ? :grin: they're purple !!

I guess you'll pull out an old school paper map instead when you need directions eh ?

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Mine changed after installing the update. Bummer, because I have my small here maps tile among other accent colour small tiles. I might have to do some re-arranging of my tiles. :p

lol same here. It wouldn't be so bad if there was the Nokia blue theme or a similar colour theme to choose.

freemind

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
The same happened to me. Icon was green as my theme, even after last update. I had to reboot nokia for other reason and then the icon changed. I did not even know that it should happen :).
So easy, reboot and you are done!
p.s. it is just shame that one must do that, i find windows phone very good OS, but such things can be annoying. I always say with pride that I do not have to reboot my phone!

anon7989605

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Is this the first signs of Microsoft taking over? Chaos to be introduced now? Why on earth would you force users to use a blue tile between all those other nice tile allowing for accent color to be modified?!?

Here's an IQ test for the person responsible for that change: Which icon does not fit? Hint it's not the one with the squirrel.

wp_ss_20131028_0001.png

Seriously, this looks like crap. Whoever was in charge of that change should be fired. So how can I get this to look decent again?!? Come on, don't let this diverge into MS windows chaos. Keep your act together.

Last edited:

kmji1957

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Come on you there :). There are lots of apps that have their own colours on their tiles and you can't change that.

Sent from my RM-825_eu_finland_290 using Tapatalk

anon7989605

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
kmji1957, I don't get your argument. My argument is pretty strong (as indicated in that screenshot). Just because there are bad examples, Microsoft or Nokia has to follow that? Pardon me, but I can not follow the logic.

kmji1957

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm not arguing with anyone, but my point is, as Gedge was worried about, that now every publisher will choose their own color for their app. Many of them has done it already!

Sent from my RM-825_eu_finland_290 using Tapatalk

Yev91

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
You guys are too funny, didn't know people cared this much. I have a fix, buy a transparent sheet in the color of your choice and apply it as a screen protector, that way EVERYTHING will match your theme...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion