After phone reset no GDR2 update found "Your phone is up to date" displayed

wpylant

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I updated my phone to GDR2 in the first day of general availability. A few days ago I added an Office 365 email account to my phone and then noticed my Microsoft account was not receiving new mail. After exhausting efforts to correct the email issue, I reset my phone. After finding resolution for the "stuck with spinning gears" issue the reset went well and my phone is now working well as are all email accounts.

My problem is that now my phone is not picking up the GDR2 + Amber update.

My phone details are:
OS version: 8.0.10328.78
Firmware revision number:3046.0001.1326.0003

Sorry if this is a known issue (I was not able to find this issue on this forum or elsewhere). Any help is appreciated.

Lee

vinaykrishnareddy

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I updated my phone to GDR2 in the first day of general availability. A few days ago I added an Office 365 email account to my phone and then noticed my Microsoft account was not receiving new mail. After exhausting efforts to correct the email issue, I reset my phone. After finding resolution for the "stuck with spinning gears" issue the reset went well and my phone is now working well as are all email accounts.

My problem is that now my phone is not picking up the GDR2 + Amber update.

My phone details are:
OS version: 8.0.10328.78
Firmware revision number:3046.0001.1326.0003

Sorry if this is a known issue (I was not able to find this issue on this forum or elsewhere). Any help is appreciated.

Lee

mikey2toes

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
By the look of it you have the latest os and firmware installed. When you do a reset it installs all the latest updates available.

wpylant

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
My "quick check" for this was to look for Glance, as this was a cool feature I liked. Supposing this was an Amber include, could it be a reset gets you the latest from MS but does not get Amber?

oops ... I was looking for Glance in Apps, not in Settings.

Sorry for the unnecessary posting of this non-issue. :-(

Sean Miller4

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
if you did the update before you reset it, gdr2 is a firmware update which means resetting your phone just puts gdr2 back on it, you dont need to reupdate it. you cant get backwards in firmware updates

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa