Anyone waiting on a true 920 successor?

thejaredhuang

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
A true 920 successor would be smaller than 5", I'd like to see 4.5 or 4.7 1080p, at least Snap 800, and the 1020 camera or better. The 1020 with a Snap 800 and 1080p is pretty much it.

mrshamoozoo

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I was one of those early adaptors. I stayed up late as hell to preorder the 920 when it first became available. I love this phone. Its beautiful, amazing and powerful! And with the announcements the other day I was really hoping they would squeeze In a successor of the 920. Im talking

-5 inch display 1080p
-quad core processor (s800)
-2gb ram
-32gb or 64gb with micro sd expansion
-20mp camera with 2mp front shooter
-wireless charging built in
-ir blaster
-anything else awesome they want to add inside.
But also the body needs to be like the 925 or lighter, then it will be perfect!

I wont upgrade till I get this phone!!

thejaredhuang

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
A true 920 successor would be smaller than 5", I'd like to see 4.5 or 4.7 1080p, at least Snap 800, and the 1020 camera or better. The 1020 with a Snap 800 and 1080p is pretty much it.

JRube

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Built in wireless charging is a must and it's been absent in recent Nokia models... No clip on accessory for charging, that's BS. I don't even use a case because I like the looks of my Nokia 920 without one. Would like 1080p, more storage, and the ability to add micro SD card. I like to take my music, pictures, and video with me even where I have no connectivity. A high end camera would be sweet as well.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I've started to rely quite a lot on wireless charging so I would like my next one to have the same. Who wants to go back to constantly plugging a phone in?

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to see what the successor looks like. I really like the 920. 4.5" is just about the ideal size for me. Anything bigger and I'd find one handed use beyond practical.

I've started to rely quite a lot on wireless charging so I would like my next one to have the same. Who wants to go back to constantly plugging a phone in?

Agreed. I don't know how I'd go back to the old way of charging. It's just so convenient.

BenGutt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If I could get the 1020's camera on the 920, I'd be very, very happy.

That said I'm very happy nearly 1 year into owning this phone, and for the first time ever I'm not bored with it and ready to replace it! It's been dropped, kicked and abused and has stood up to all of it with only a screen protector. The things a tank.

hilleer

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I was one of those early adaptors. I stayed up late as hell to preorder the 920 when it first became available. I love this phone. Its beautiful, amazing and powerful! And with the announcements the other day I was really hoping they would squeeze In a successor of the 920. Im talking

-5 inch display 1080p
-2gb ram
-wireless charging built in
-ir blaster
-anything else awesome they want to add inside.
But also the body needs to be like the 925 or lighter, then it will be perfect!

I wont upgrade till I get this phone!!

sounds like a succesor of mine 920. Such specifications would Be awesome, though i doubt we See such phone anytime very soon as we just had 1020 and 1520, while 925 isnt long time ago either.

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping that 1520 could be my next phone, but XENON flash is missing. As a owner of Nokia N8 and Lumia 920 I can see that Xenon flash light means really a lot for the party photos. So I wait for next phone with Xenon. 1020 is not a option, 4 second shot-to-shot time is just too slow.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I too am hoping for a true successor. I would like micro-SD expansion, better camera (lower priority though), and a better screen (that has better viewing angles and doesn't have me feeling like I'm touching my tiles through a bubble; the 920's screen is too thick to me and I don't feel "connected" with what I touch). I would actually like the screen to be SMALLER (as crazy as that may sound) because the 920 is hard for me to use one-handed. I actually prefer the 820, but don't like seeing the pixels on the screen and I had 4 820s, all of them having the problem of people not being able to hear me. If it weren't for the calling problem I would still be using my old 820 right now...

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm just waiting to finally not get shafted by Nokia and get a true flagship device on T-Mobile that doesn't come with half the storage as all other flagship Lumia devices. This whole exclusive thing got old the second time they did it.

Mark Cesari

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
i'm at a point where I have a couple issues with my 920 (still under warranty)..
- no touch input after each reboot unless i press hard on the screen while it boots to the tiles screen
- headphones socket is now not responding to my headset or other headphones

i'm looking for a replacement i dont have an alternative handset to use while i wait for it to be fixed..and i cant do without a windows phone anymore!
have been looking at the 1020 because the camera is hard to resist, but i also cant do without wireless charging now which for me is ruling out the 1020 as a replacement
then there's the fact i love the design of the 920 in all its naked glory (no case for me!)

what would i go for? something thats faster, more ram, same sized, wireless charging, better camera would be improvement, similar design...
maybe i could just get the 520 as the cheapest option while the 920 is being repaired..

then again i have an itch for a new phone (or any gadget really) hence current dilemna! ..so yes, i am waiting on a true successor to the 920 :p

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes we need one with the same screensize and better hardware

-2gb ram
- Xenon Flash
- wireless charging built in

Nokia please read this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND for all carriers like Samsung does with the Galaxy S

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't replace my 920 any time soon as I'm very happy with it. That said, I don't want Nokia taking the year-old guts of a Samsung Galaxy S4 and repackaging it. That's what they did with the Lumia 920 and I don't think it was helpful from a marketing perspective. The fact that the phone does perform reasonably well is a testament to Windows Phone, but I think they're going to need something more if they want to make a splash with the next gen model.

Don't play Samsung's game of fixating on the CPU. Quad-core high clockspeed specs are irrelevant. What matters most is that GPU and that's where the iPhone always has the edge. The 5S has what looks like a pathetic 1.3Ghz dual-core and in most benchmarks it's on par or faster than the competition. And Android phones still manage to choke on advanced games, a lot of that has to do with code optimization but the GPU's capabilities can't be ignored.

Remember that the successor will almost definitely be announced, if not released, a few months before the advent of the iPhone 6. Iterative update or not, that phone will inevitably make a splash as iPhones always do. So Microsoft and Nokia need to hit them with everything they've got.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't replace my 920 any time soon as I'm very happy with it. That said, I don't want Nokia taking the year-old guts of a Samsung Galaxy S4 and repackaging it. That's what they did with the Lumia 920 and I don't think it was helpful from a marketing perspective. The fact that the phone does perform reasonably well is a testament to Windows Phone, but I think they're going to need something more if they want to make a splash with the next gen model.

Don't play Samsung's game of fixating on the CPU. Quad-core high clockspeed specs are irrelevant. What matters most is that GPU and that's where the iPhone always has the edge. The 5S has what looks like a pathetic 1.3Ghz dual-core and in most benchmarks it's on par or faster than the competition. And Android phones still manage to choke on advanced games, a lot of that has to do with code optimization but the GPU's capabilities can't be ignored.

Remember that the successor will almost definitely be announced, if not released, a few months before the advent of the iPhone 6. Iterative update or not, that phone will inevitably make a splash as iPhones always do. So Microsoft and Nokia need to hit them with everything they've got.

THIS!!!! I'm so tired of getting recycled hardware. Yes, Windows Phone runs FINE on even low-end hardware (evidenced by the 520), but they need to make something that is AHEAD of the curve that will last for a while. The iPhone 4s GPU can still outpace the Lumia 920 GPU in games and stuff, and that's sad that the phone is 2 years old now. I think the problem is Nokia can't afford to go that hard right now, so hopefully this is where Microsoft can kick in and provide some financial backing to get this type of hardware built.

mrshamoozoo

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
yes sir!!!!
I would just get the 520 while waiting for the 920 repair. And we technically still have time before our upgrades are available. As long as we continue getting all the updates, the 920 will still be my baby

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss