Replace your 920 with a 1020?!?!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
My friend had a 920 and an insurance plan through AT&T. He dropped and shattered the screen and AT&T said they dont have the 920 anymore but he could have the 8x. He refused anything but a Nokia so they gave him a 1020! He's a very lucky man, but give it a shot any of you with a 920!

Killer BIGxyz

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Wow, coincidence is that I shattered my screen yesterday, have att insurance, and will call them later for a replacement. I actually would rather a 920 because of built in wireless charging though, but I'll take a 1020 if not

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I figured maybe they'd give him a 925 but both of us were surprised when he said they offered a 1020! I wish I had a broken 920! lol

Killer BIGxyz

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I called them last night and they are indeed sending me a 1020 as a replacement. I've overly happy, except the fact that I lost wireless charging built in

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
You guys must have some great luck. As it happens I had done a factory reset on my 920 yesterday only to have it still be in the running gears as of last night going into today. I called AT&T last night and spoke to tech support. Told them I already tried the 2 and 3 button press but phone would just restart back into the gears again. They said ok, we'll just send you out a replacement......it's another white 920 just like the one I currently have, so apparently there are still 920's at AT&T. She also stated they had black, white, yellow, red & blue, funny I know....it's cyan. Was hoping I could score a white 1020 as a replacement:(

thomas wojcik

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
You guys must have some great luck. As it happens I had done a factory reset on my 920 yesterday only to have it still be in the running gears as of last night going into today. I called AT&T last night and spoke to tech support. Told them I already tried the 2 and 3 button press but phone would just restart back into the gears again. They said ok, we'll just send you out a replacement......it's another white 920 just like the one I currently have, so apparently there are still 920's at AT&T. She also stated they had black, white, yellow, red & blue, funny I know....it's cyan. Was hoping I could score a white 1020 as a replacement:(
So were you using factory warranty or att insurance?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like they exchanged it under manufacturer's warranty in which they would send the broken one to Nokia and Nokia would send a 920 back. Now if it was under insurance, that has nothing to do with Nokia, that is AT&T exchanging their property for their property.

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
So were you using factory warranty or att insurance?

Factory warranty.......so go figure this morning while doing another search on this issue I found the update on this site showing this method that was posted via the Nokia blog.
Suffering from the spinning cogs issue on a Nokia Windows Phone? There's a fix for that | Windows Phone Central

So after installing the Nokia Software Updater I was able to get my phone back up. Unfortunately I removed the SIM card last night as part of troubleshooting and will have to finish up once home. So I wonder how AT&T is going to handle this if I just resent them the phone their sending me? Not sure if I should just swap mine out now with the replacement or not??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss