Videos on my Lumia - don't play well anywhere else

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I have taken video on my phone, and when I play it on the phone, it plays perfectly. When I try and get them off and playing elsewhere it is a nightmare. Whenever a I email them it compressed them. When I pull them off the phone and put them on the PC they play awfully. VLC hates them. Media Player on Windows won't play MP4s.

I did email a 9 second clip, but it was 6MB, so I can't use that method for the 3minute clips. On the upside, Real Player played it ok.

I tried to Bluetooth it to an iPhone and it said it could not be used to transfer the file, not sure if that is an iphone restriction.

rocwest

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I use Macs so this may not help you. I use Amerisoft Video Converter Ultimate which allows me to drag and drop video to the Windows Phone setting to convert to mp4, then I import it to iTunes and on to the 920. It plays back flawlessly on VLC on my Macs.

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I have never had a problem playing videos from my 920 on my desktop. Windows Media Player works fine, no conversions or anything.

How are you transferring them to the computer? Are you using the WP desktop app to sync or dragging and dropping? Depending on which one, try the opposite way and see if it makes a difference.

Here's the app. Windows Phone app for desktop (Preview 3) | Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone How-to | Windows Phone (United States)

It says for Windows 7 & 8 but it may work for XP if you change the compatibility settings under properties.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I know my set is not some Alienware gaming rig, in terms of power. But I would have expected it to work. It annoyed me that Windows Media Player would not deal with it. I'll try that app, thanks.

Annoyingly, when I popped the files on a CD, they were also juddering, even on a friend's laptop.

For reference, I am popping a USB cable in and dragging them off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans