Glance Broken

Instinct121

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Just thought I'd post to all of you so you don't make the mistake that I did.

If you happened to have an AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 and you happened to update it to Amber, then get really happy and throw GDR3 on your phone as a developer, you might not want to reset your phone... Ever.

[edit] I did have some problems (and still do) but it seems all of my apps eventually resumed normal Nokia functionality, meaning that if I had an app installed before it eventually seemed to push an update (even an old one) and got the Nokia features enabled again (specifically Glance).

I updated to Amber very recently, then I also saw the release for GDR3 for developers, and signed up for the update itself. It actually updated just fine and I didn't notice any problems. But being that I'm using a phone with a non-AT&T carrier, I wanted to make sure I could restore from backup if I wanted to. That's when things got messy.

See, doing the reset did get my phone back to defaults, and I was happy to see that I could finally connect to WiFi before needing to sign into my Windows Phone. Now I can finally restore my backups! (If necessary) :D

The problem now, is that I seemed to lose the Amber update. So even though that the Glance Screen automatically reinstalled, it's not showing up at all in settings, and the Amber update is no longer showing in my phone. The only good news out of this is that the Nokia Pro Camera seems to still work. ( I had it installed already, but I might not be able to update it or reinstall it manually, along with other Nokia apps) unconfirmed.

Anyways, if you're running GDR3, be careful about resetting your phone on the Lumia 920. You might lose Amber with no way to update it that I'm aware of. :unhappy:

Last edited:

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
"So even though that the Glance Screen automatically reinstalled, it's not showing up at all in settings"

Where is it showing up ? I do remember that when Amber was first installed on my 810 Glance was within
another setting like display or touch ( I don't remember) but the next day it gravitated to it's own spot on the list.

Instinct121

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
It wasn't showing up anywhere in Settings. I wasn't able to update it or uninstall it either because the phone couldn't verify the installed versions.

An odd thing though, is that after a couple days it showed up as part of my apps that have an update available. I verified that there was no recent update (meaning it was pushing an 'old' version of the app, not a brand new update). After that I had my glance screen back, which turned on and worked as expected.

I still don't have Nokia amber update showing up in my Windows Phone information, but it seems all of the amber features are working fine.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
When Amber first installs glance wasn't ON the list in settings /system it was within another system heading,
a few days later is appeared on the list.

Glad it's back for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2