I'm looking for some help and guidance as I've still not had the Amber update and EE have been no use at all.

I was expecting the update in September but I didn't automatically receive it. I used the Phone Update option and it kept telling me that my phone was up to date.

So, I asked a couple of questions on here a while back and was given some advice, which I'll go through now.

My firmware version is : 1232.5951.1249.1018 and my OS version is : 8.0.10211.204

I was advised that the firmware version was old, so someone suggested downloading a language/keyboard update to force the most recent firmware version to my phone. Tried this with the Malay and French language pack but neither led to an update in the firmware.

Someone then suggested downloading Nokia Software Updater for Retail, again to force the most recent firmware on to the phone. I've downloaded and installed all the components but when I connect the phone it doesn't do anything. Which is odd given I can add and remove files without any issues. I've also downloaded Nokia care suite and this doesn't automatically recognise the phone either.

So, today I rang EE who confirmed the update is available and suggested the problem is with Nokia. They transferred me to Nokia who told me what I already knew in that the Firmware was out of date and the only way to fix it would be to do a factory reset which would mean losing all the data on my phone Clearly this didn't sound ideal so they suggested going back to EE. I then rang EE again and was told some **** and bull story about not all of their customers receiving the update at the same time and that I'd have to wait. What they couldn't tell me what the latest I could expect the update was, which lead me to think they didn't know what to do either.

If a factory reset is my only option, then so be it. I'm sure there must be a way to back up all my texts, pictures and app data but it sounds like a last ditch option to me.

I've read through the "Fix for bricked 920's after reset. Flash Process defined inside!" thread but I cant even get that to work as when I've downloaded NaviFirm Plus I don't get a list of any products.

Nokia Care suite asks me to provide login details for the firmware depository, which I don't have.

I'm going round in circles so I thought it would be best to ask some experts. Namely the people that use this site.
    10-28-2013 12:55 PM
    Hey reify, I have a feeling something else might be going on here. Do you regularly receive update for your normal apps through the store live tile? Do you have any problems with your Me tile picture updating or your facebook account updating on the phone at all?
    10-28-2013 03:18 PM
    Hey reify, I have a feeling something else might be going on here. Do you regularly receive update for your normal apps through the store live tile? Do you have any problems with your Me tile picture updating or your facebook account updating on the phone at all?
    I receive App updates without any issues. They come through pretty much every day. My Me tile picture is my Facebook profile pic, although I haven't updated it in a while it has changed without any issues. I do have some problems with some Live tiles not updating without me opening the app. I rarely get Tile notifications for 6Tag for example but my WhatsApp updates fine so I just put that down to the individual apps.

The Facebook tile updates when I post a status updates, but rarely for notifications.
    10-28-2013 03:32 PM
    I've heard that some people have issues with updating their phones when their Microsoft Account thinks they have a different phone profile saved than they're currently on. A bit like on Windows 8 you can have trouble setting your computer as a trusted pc to activate and get updates etc. Similar thing here. Have a look through your MS account settings and see if there's something amiss there. If not then the only sure-fire way I can think of forcing your update or syncing these profiles is a hard reset.
    10-28-2013 03:45 PM
    I've heard that some people have issues with updating their phones when their Microsoft Account thinks they have a different phone profile saved than they're currently on. A bit like on Windows 8 you can have trouble setting your computer as a trusted pc to activate and get updates etc. Similar thing here. Have a look through your MS account settings and see if there's something amiss there. If not then the only sure-fire way I can think of forcing your update or syncing these profiles is a hard reset.
    I've checked the Windows Phone 8 site and all looks OK. Its the correct phone and number. The correct windows account is correctly shown on the phone.

Is this what you mean or am I missing something?

Thanks for the help btw.
    10-28-2013 04:03 PM
    In the outlook section of your account have you checked the security info section. Your phone details should correspond here too. If everything checks out the fact that Nokia Software Updater doesn't do anything for you suggests a bigger software problem. If I were you I'd bite the bullet, back everything up and do a Hard Reset.
    10-29-2013 06:07 PM