Issue with Sennheiser cx-680i earphones

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I just bought these amazing Sennheiser earphones, the sound is totally great but the inline buttons don't work. I wasn't expecting the microphone to work since iPhones have another mic standard but I've tried and the inline buttons work on my brother's Lumia 620. I've done everything to try to fix it from changing the audio settings and rebooting to soft resetting the phone.
On the other hand the earphones which came with the phone (Wh-208 I guess) work perfectly as supposed. I don't know what's wrong, I doubt that it's a hardware problem bcs the predetermined earphones work fine.
Do you know what can I do? Any adaptor to buy? something?

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
That's strange. If the inline buttons are working on your brother's 620, then technically they should work on your 920 too.

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I doubt it Nokia would do that.

For instance, we have radio whereas 620 doesn't also with the in built wireless charger. I'm not complaining I think that they should give customers this information so we don't spend money for nothing :/

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
For instance, we have radio whereas 620 doesn't also with the in built wireless charger. I'm not complaining I think that they should give customers this information so we don't spend money for nothing :/

That's a different thing and we're talking about audio jack here. Also Nokia didn't misinform you. You can always check the support page for the complete specs of their phones or just go to GSMArena. It was mentioned from the day one that 620 doesn't have FM receiver and built in wireless charging.

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site
On GSM arena you can't find what kind of jack an iPhone and a WP have. It just says 3.5mm, that's because either apple and Nokia want to us to buy their damn accessories. I hate that :/
but whatever business is business I'll buy the adapter from the page you commented thanks for your help buddy. I hope this fixes my issue or $85 will have been splurged.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I have Urbanears Tanto and Medis where the mic and in-line controls (pause, next track, prev track) works on iPod Classic 120GB (no mic of course), Lumia 610, HTC 8S, and my ****ty Xperia V.

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Confirmed Lumia 920 and Lumia 620 hace different jack standards. So the iPhone earphones will work on 620 but won't on the 920. Be careful on your next purchase ;)

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Confirmed Lumia 920 and Lumia 620 hace different jack standards. So the iPhone earphones will work on 620 but won't on the 920. Be careful on your next purchase ;)

Just found out. Lumia 620 only supports AHJ while Lumia 920 support both AHJ headsets and standard Nokia OMTP headsets. So the iPhone earphones will work both on Lumia 920 and Lumia 620.

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Just found out. Lumia 620 only supports AHJ while Lumia 920 support both AHJ headsets and standard Nokia OMTP headsets. So the iPhone earphones will work both on Lumia 920 and Lumia 620.
I've tried in two 920 and the inline buttons and the microphone don't work while in the 620 it works.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Then if the lumia 920 has both standards the big question is Why my sennheiser don't work having tried on two L920?

Because being a universal connector Lumia 920 can only play over OMTP and AHJ configurations as it share the same left and right pinout. It cannot do both the configurations of mic as ground and mic are reversed in AHJ connector. So a universal connector will only support one mic configuration, in Nokia's case which is OMTP.

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Because being a universal connector Lumia 920 can only play over OMTP and AHJ configurations as it share the same left and right pinout. It cannot do both the configurations of mic as ground and mic are reversed in AHJ connector. So a universal connector will only support one mic configuration, in Nokia's case which is OMTP.
And why the lumia 620 can?

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
And why the lumia 620 can?

Dude, did you even try to understand what I wrote? Lumia 920 can only support one mic configuration (in this case OMTP, its their standard) while Lumia 620 supports only AHJ which is obvious why you can use your headset mic on it. AHJ connector is somewhat similar to Apple connector. Why are you getting so confused.

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Dude, did you even try to understand what I wrote? Lumia 920 can only support one mic configuration (in this case OMTP, its their standard) while Lumia 620 supports only AHJ which is obvious why you can use your headset mic on it. AHJ connector is somewhat similar to Apple connector. Why are you getting so confused.

Oops, I get it now. It was a lot of information but thanks for your time and help, now I understand it completely. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720