Need help with unlocking 920 for international travel

siulaymama

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Guys, I need some help to unlock my ATT 920 for international travel. I talk with ATT support like 3-4 times already and they all point me to their new "IME" unlock web site, which never send me back anything.

I come across some IMEI unlock site. like Factory Unlock Any Nokia Easily and UnlockForCheap.com ..etc. Anyone have experienced with any of those sited. Are they worth it, if so any recommendation? I am not planning to break the contact with ATT, just don't want to pay their $$$$$ international roaming charges.

Thanks in advance

orangesplease

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I want to tell you which web service I used (also to unlock an AT&T Lumia 920), but I can't find my confirmation email for the life of me! Search unlock lumia 920 in this forum and you should come across several reputable options; that's how I found the site I used. It was quick and after 5 months, my phone works like a charm.

I've been living/traveling throughout Southeast Asia and have had no issues =D

AnirudhG

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Guys, I need some help to unlock my ATT 920 for international travel. I talk with ATT support like 3-4 times already and they all point me to their new "IME" unlock web site, which never send me back anything.

I come across some IMEI unlock site. like Factory Unlock Any Nokia Easily and UnlockForCheap.com ..etc. Anyone have experienced with any of those sited. Are they worth it, if so any recommendation? I am not planning to break the contact with ATT, just don't want to pay their $$$$$ international roaming charges.

Thanks in advance

I chatted with their online rep's and asked for my phone to be unlocked and they provided me the pin code. Although I got my phone off Amazon and was having a contract free phone. You can always mention to the chat support rep that you are going abroad and you have another sim for that country and see if that helps you get the unlock code.

siulaymama

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Problem still not solve ...:-( As for talking with ATT's rep. I have escalated all the way to the on duty manager on the phone and they just refuse to give out unlock code over the phone. It is getting very annoying. I will give cellunlocker.net a try. I already try unlockforcheap.com and safeunlockcode.com and both said ATT now completely block IMEI unlock. Any suggestion are very very welcome.

Bull1shbuy3r

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Had same issue in july, I was not able to unlock so I bought an unlocked lumia 520 for 130? when I arrived to Spain. Still cheaper than paying the super expensive roaming

iamsoldats

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
AT&T has become ridiculous with these Lumia unlock codes. Unlock codes used to be a couple bucks on eBay (820 or 920), but AT&T shutdown the unlock servers and it is now next to impossible to get an unlock code for a lumia at any decent price. I have 14 Lumia 820's that I am taking overseas on Friday, and I don't have unlock codes for any of them due to AT&Ts greed. It is especially crappy because they EoL'd the Lumia 820. I am hoping that I will have better luck overseas getting them unlocked. In the meantime, AT&T needs to die of STDs.

siulaymama

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I personally will look for another provider for my next phone. It is not worth it to stay with ATT. But at the same time I don't think they F**King care because their exec is still wheeling in $$$$ in bonus.
Anyway one site call unlockexpress.com still list they can unlock Nokia Lumia. I think is more of a case of they forget to update their site, but you never know

siulaymama

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Kind of solved but was not fun for sure. The company I work for have an ATT crop account and the account rep is willing to help me to unlock my personal phone. Even with both of us on the phone, it toke almost 60 mins for the ATT support guys on the phone to grand me an unlock code. Suppose to get the unlock code in email in 1-5 business day.It is FREAKING stupid.

dharshika

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site

Thanks in advance

Yes,Recently i unlocked my Nokia lumia 920 mobile phone using this site.I never had any problem.During the unlocking process,I needed mobile unlock instructions.So i referred MobileUnlockguide.com It's very useful done my unlocking.

addheat

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
yeah, we are on the same boat. i bought 2 unit of 1020s and 1 unit of 820, when they arrived here all unlockers are already gone. no more $8 unlock nowadays.

i went to unlockexpress.com, waited for 30 days for code. none. zip. nada. they are not responding to my emails too. i had to contact paypal to dispute the transaction. wish me luck.

isleidyll

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
The new cellphone unlocking policies, announced with lots of publicity are full of the usual tricks. Unless you are THE CUSTOMER who acquired the phone from AT&T they are not going to unlock it for you. I bought my phone second hand. I met all of the new criteria, but AT&T refused to unlock the phone because my name is not associated in their records with the phone’s IMEI. Hopefully, some third party will eventually come up with unlocking services for these phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99