Hi guys! So, I've been through quite a rollercoaster ride with phones this past year. Bought the HTC 8X in March 2013, screen cracked in August. I got a 928 for close to nothing, brand new, and that screen cracked as well (I suck). My only option at that point was to get a free iPhone 4 with a trade-in of my cracked 928. I jumped ship and did it. Worst decision I ever made since this thing is slow as **** and I miss WP8 dearly. It's been less than a month and I need to go back! I've always wanted the Lumia 920 (this will be my second Nokia device), but I have a few questions first.

I understand this phone is relatively old in the Nokia world. How does it fare to the newer devices that have come out, i.e. the 928? I can buy it on Amazon from Nokia, unlocked, for $330. I am willing to spend this much to be happy, and it's better than $400 or $600 for newer models (I'll just sell this POS iPhone anyway). Further, I've never purchased an unlocked phone before; what are the limitations with doing this? Will I face any difficulties in upgrading? Verizon is my carrier...do I simply activate the unlocked phone and I'm "linked back in"? Sorry if I sound silly, the whole unlocked phone thing has always been sort of confusing to me.

Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/Nokia-Lumia-Wh...pUvbUpU2205509

***EDIT*** Just read in a thread from only a few days ago and a moderator stated that the 920 will NOT work on Verizon. Well, that blows. What are my options?
    Last edited by Marconis4; 11-03-2013 at 10:10 PM.
    11-03-2013 09:52 PM
    Hi guys! So, I've been through quite a rollercoaster ride with phones this past year. Bought the HTC 8X in March 2013, screen cracked in August. I got a 928 for close to nothing, brand new, and that screen cracked as well (I suck). My only option at that point was to get a free iPhone 4 with a trade-in of my cracked 928. I jumped ship and did it. Worst decision I ever made since this thing is slow as **** and I miss WP8 dearly. It's been less than a month and I need to go back! I've always wanted the Lumia 920 (this will be my second Nokia device), but I have a few questions first.

I understand this phone is relatively old in the Nokia world. How does it fare to the newer devices that have come out, i.e. the 928? I can buy it on Amazon from Nokia, unlocked, for $330. I am willing to spend this much to be happy, and it's better than $400 or $600 for newer models (I'll just sell this POS iPhone anyway). Further, I've never purchased an unlocked phone before; what are the limitations with doing this? Will I face any difficulties in upgrading? Verizon is my carrier...do I simply activate the unlocked phone and I'm "linked back in"? Sorry if I sound silly, the whole unlocked phone thing has always been sort of confusing to me.

Thanks!

Amazon.com: Nokia Lumia 920 White Factory Unlocked 32GB phone 4G LTE 800 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600 - RM-821: Cell Phones & Accessories

***EDIT*** Just read in a thread from only a few days ago and a moderator stated that the 920 will NOT work on Verizon. Well, that blows. What are my options?
    11-03-2013 10:54 PM
    I've already had it and didn't quite like it, it was pretty buggy. I had two, and each had their own sets of issues.
    11-04-2013 03:37 PM