Major problems.

anon(8219585)

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920. One day while restarting it got stuck on the Nokia logo, would show the logo and then restart and the logo all over again, would do that for any amount of time, if I was lucky it would switch on but I would not be able to access most things, including the settings. I decided to flash it and after many tries I got an firmware that would boot the phone up properly. Updating the phone gives me the same results as before, the whole Nokia logo thing. And with this firmware I cannot access the camera app, I need to use camera 360 app. The sensors don't work, proximity, brightness, I cannot rotate my screen nor can I use the compass. Rest everything else works properly. I desperately need help please, if anyone has any ideas please do comment. Thank you.

And I tried doing a soft reset, hard reset everything. Nothing helped but flashing my device. I cannot send it to Nokia either, I live in Nepal. I have no help.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920. One day while restarting it got stuck on the Nokia logo, would show the logo and then restart and the logo all over again, would do that for any amount of time, if I was lucky it would switch on but I would not be able to access most things, including the settings. I decided to flash it and after many tries I got an firmware that would boot the phone up properly. Updating the phone gives me the same results as before, the whole Nokia logo thing. And with this firmware I cannot access the camera app, I need to use camera 360 app. The sensors don't work, proximity, brightness, I cannot rotate my screen nor can I use the compass. Rest everything else works properly. I desperately need help please, if anyone has any ideas please do comment. Thank you.

And I tried doing a soft reset, hard reset everything. Nothing helped but flashing my device. I cannot send it to Nokia either, I live in Nepal. I have no help.

Is it still under warranty ?

If you can, give it to your carrier/service provider to fix...its the best I can come up with unfortunately.

Perhaps try and install Android on it if you cant take it in to be fixed.

anon(8219585)

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Is it still under warranty ?

If you can, give it to your carrier/service provider to fix...its the best I can come up with unfortunately.

Perhaps try and install Android on it if you cant take it in to be fixed.

Unfortunately not, and everything here us unlocked so that's not an option either.

Installing android is an option?

anon(8219585)

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Android is open source...you won't have any litigation to worry about if you do.

I mean I have never seen anyone flash android on a Lumia device. And even if I choose to do so running android on my phone would be really laggy.
isn't there any way I can find a fix for my phone without sending it to Nokia or any other place?

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
No you can't run Android on it. I haven't got a solution myself for you unfortunately as I'm not that used to flashing devices. If I had to guess, it sounds like a Hardware issue, especially if you have tried different firmware on the phone.

ran011

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

I know that you don't want to hear this but.... I had same problems like you, tried everything and only solutions was: sending back to nokia care.They replace motherboard and everything work like a charm now.

anon(8219585)

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
No you can't run Android on it. I haven't got a solution myself for you unfortunately as I'm not that used to flashing devices. If I had to guess, it sounds like a Hardware issue, especially if you have tried different firmware on the phone.

Hmm I guess so, but the problem is things work fine with this firmware its for a different region, I don't know I tried one on random an it works. I tried flashing it with the firmware for my region, the problem occurs.

anon(8219585)

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I know that you don't want to hear this but.... I had same problems like you, tried everything and only solutions was: sending back to nokia care.They replace motherboard and everything work like a charm now.

I was afraid of that, I guess I have no other option but to change the motherboard. Or watch people upgrade to Lumia black. Damnit. Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss