Should I use Nokia warranty or AT&T Device Support Center?

FCastle88

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
My 920 has the blue lines across the screen, been putting off sending it to Nokia for a little bit because I don't want to be without a phone for weeks. My warranty runs out in 2 months, so time to get it taken care of. Stopped by the AT&T store for a problem with service and asked them about the warranty, they said there's a Support Center about an hour away that stocks refurb replacements with a 90 day warranty. So choices are either send it to Nokia, be without a phone for a while, and only have about a month left on the warranty by the time I get it or a replacement back. Or go to the AT&T center and just get a refurb with 90 day warranty. Kind of leery about a refurb, since other than the blue lines and a couple of weird glitches mine has been pretty good. Don't want to get one with the battery issues and other problems I keep reading about. On the other hand Nokia might just send me a refurb too, and wouldn't have much warranty left on it. So which seems like the better idea? Any experiences with either?

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
My 920 has the blue lines across the screen, been putting off sending it to Nokia for a little bit because I don't want to be without a phone for weeks. My warranty runs out in 2 months, so time to get it taken care of. Stopped by the AT&T store for a problem with service and asked them about the warranty, they said there's a Support Center about an hour away that stocks refurb replacements with a 90 day warranty. So choices are either send it to Nokia, be without a phone for a while, and only have about a month left on the warranty by the time I get it or a replacement back. Or go to the AT&T center and just get a refurb with 90 day warranty. Kind of leery about a refurb, since other than the blue lines and a couple of weird glitches mine has been pretty good. Don't want to get one with the battery issues and other problems I keep reading about. On the other hand Nokia might just send me a refurb too, and wouldn't have much warranty left on it. So which seems like the better idea? Any experiences with either?

Nokia will send you a refurbished unless you have some clause in your ATT warranty/contract or the NOKIA warranty that says otherwise,
you usually only get a new one in the first 30 days of ownership, or maybe up to 5 weeks....but 10 months in ? it will definitely be a refurbished one
- so now you can take to the AT&T Center.:smile:

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

your current phone is used, your replacement will be used. it's a fair swap if they go through it for free.

FCastle88

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Nokia will send you a refurbished unless you have some clause in your ATT warranty/contract or the NOKIA warranty that says otherwise,
you usually only get a new one in the first 30 days of ownership, or maybe up to 5 weeks....but 10 months in ? it will definitely be a refurbished one
- so now you can take to the AT&T Center.:smile:
I know I'm not getting a new phone either way. Some posts I've read of people sending their phone in for the blue line problem said Nokia just replaced the screen, so was hoping Nokia might fix it instead of sending me a refurb.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I know I'm not getting a new phone either way. Some posts I've read of people sending their phone in for the blue line problem said Nokia just replaced the screen, so was hoping Nokia might fix it instead of sending me a refurb.

Like anyone company if they can't repair it they will send a replacement -you won't know unless you send it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99