My lock screen picture changed after an update - i want my green bird back!

Els B

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

I'm new to Windows Phone/Lumia/this forum :) and i have a rather silly question..

My Lumia 920 came with a pretty lockscreen picture of a green bird/parrot. After using my new lumia for a bit, i was asked to install 3 updates, so i installed them.
After the Lumia restarted, my lockscreen picture had switched to leafs.

I've looked for the bird picture in my Lumia (in settings > lockscreen > choose picture > backgrounds), the leafs were there in that map, but the bird was not.
I searched on google images to see if i could find the bird back and i found some pictures of people's screens, but not the picture itself.

This is part of the picture, to give you an idea which bird i'm talking about:
parrot.JPG
Does anyone know where this picture might be hiding or where i can download it again?

I know i'll probably end up using different lockscreens in a while, but i'd really like to use the bird now :)

Thanks in advance!

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Looks like a picture of an amazon parrot. Your phone came with that picture preloaded? I have a 920 as well but never had a picture of a bird. My only bird pics are those I snapped myself. Maybe do an online search for it? Good luck, sorry I'm not able to be of more help.

Els B

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes my Lumia came with the picture preloaded and set up as lock screen..which i liked because i have a yellow one and it matched the green of the parrot :)

I have lots of different backgrounds preloaded and 8 example pictures, but no birds in there either. I don't know if the parrot was ever in those maps before the update, because i didn't get to checking those settings yet before i did the update.

So the picture must be from somewhere else in my phone or it must have gotten deleted in the update somehow.

i googled it already and found new lockscreen pictures,but closest i came to this bird were two pictures of this bird of someone's screen..i'll try to search for 'amazon parrot', maybe i get different results :D Thanks for specifying!

--> Looking for amazon parrot unfortunately didn't lead me to the picture either. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Last edited:

Els B

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi, you can get it from this link.
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=F1089FA0E4CDCA13!1386&authkey=!AOkRqzScguCQ8RE&v=3
I saved them on SkyDrive. :smile:

THANK YOU Carl! That's the one i was looking for indeed! :grin: I was hoping someone still had it somewhere :D
It comes from the backgrounds map i guess?
I still wonder how it dissapeared from my Phone though :D But i'm happy to have it back!

Teckris, thank you for the look-a-like picture :smile:

Jojapath, i knew i didn't have the bing lock screen on, but i searched for the app anyway and installed it to get more lock screen options. So it was a useful suggestion, thanks!

arkhale

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
THANK YOU Carl! That's the one i was looking for indeed! :grin: I was hoping someone still had it somewhere :D
It comes from the backgrounds map i guess?
I still wonder how it dissapeared from my Phone though :D But i'm happy to have it back!

Teckris, thank you for the look-a-like picture :smile:

Jojapath, i knew i didn't have the bing lock screen on, but i searched for the app anyway and installed it to get more lock screen options. So it was a useful suggestion, thanks!

Welcome! I noticed it was removed after I updated to Amber 😊.

Els B

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Soryan and Ssrki both have it back now. I saved it from Carl/arkhale's skydrive so if anyone else needs it, let me know and i'll send it to you :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss