usb or any kind of sync-ing not happening

chrisf-1

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi again everyone I am having a problem both with Nokia and my Lumia 920 I will start with the phone of which I am the second user, I have downloaded and installed Nokia PC suite and have connected with USB cable which I also use for charging when I go into PC suite it says CONNECTED IN NON-COMPATIBLE MODE can anyone please give me some help with this as I am still a tech novice so please make any explanations suitable for someone with the mind of a CHILD ???? I really am in a foreign world trying to understand this but with your help I may make it work for me. My problem with Nokia is that the phone is less than a year old and I have tried phoning there customer support I enter my IMEI number and they tell me I am not eligible for support how can this be I have always found Nokia to have one of the best customer support systems but now I cannot even speak to anyone, Many thanks Chris

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
What PC operating system are you trying to connect to Windows 7, Windows 8? What do you want to be able to do once you are connected? Are you trying to sync pictures transfer music what are you trying to do when connected?

chrisf-1

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi Dave and thanks for your speedy reply. My PC is running windows 7 ultimate and I wish to sync my pictures and some of my documents from office 2007 I have sky drive on my pc and phone which is working fine with my office documents but when I try to use pc suite it just gives me connected in non-compatible mode and I have not a clue how to resolve it thanks Chris

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
First you need to install this on your PC:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/How-to/wp8/windows-phone-app-for-desktop

This software contains the necessary USB drivers for the L920. After install reset your PC and your L920. Then make sure your 920 is unlocked plug it into your USB with a good USB cord you know works. Your PC should recognize your L920.

Let me know if that resolves everything for you or if you need more help.

chrisf-1

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I have done that Dave restarted pc and connected phone and error code E0000225 appeared telling me it was unable to connect thanks Chris

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs