Update tile

CaliGirl2013

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum....

I have been looking for an answer to my question for a few days - so I am going to have to post the question here I guess. I have the Nokia Lumia 920 Windows 8 phone, and I have what I guess might be a question that has a simple answer but for my life I can't figure it out.

On the home screen the tile that is the shopping bag for the Windows store - How do you clear it or erase the number on that tile that shows the updates? I guess the second part of my question is - How do I turn off all updates? I'm one of those people that doesn't like to see my home screen with a tile with a number always on there stating there are 15 or whatever updates, I would like to be able to just erase that number so I only see the shopping bag - and make sure that it isn't always looking to update every app/game that I have on the phone, I want to just update things myself when I feel like it on my own time. For instance two days ago there were 15 updates, I couldn't figure out how to delete or get rid of them, so I installed them, now today so far there is 1 update...I don't even know what app is, I don't see it on my phone, and I don't see or know how to find an option to clear this update or delete it, it only says "update".

Hope I explained my question well enough - any ideas or help is great.

Thanks!
Cali

kinslayer

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey! Welcome to the forum :)

You remove the number by applying the updates. Unfortunately there is now way to disable updates from being detected and displayed to you via the tile.

As for the one app you have, I am not sure what the problem is. But if you can take a screenshot (press the Windows Key + Power at the same time to take a screenshot, it will be saved in your Photo hub under "Screenshots" album) and post it here, I might be able to help.

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
You cannot stop the WP Store tile from showing the number of updates. You will just have to unpin it from your start screen.

And if it's showing an update for an app which isn't listed on your app list, then it's probably an update for one of Nokia's various system services.

CaliGirl2013

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Okay thanks ya'all...you explained it perfectly - it isn't something that I can disable and better off just unpinning it...then I can check updates when I feel like it! Glad I simply asked - and thanks for the quick answers!

Cali

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs