Next Lumia Update?

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So to start. Finally have a 920. This is technically my 3rd one but the other two I just flipped for quick cash. After owning every other OS on the Mobile Market, I have to say I'm damn impressed with WP8. (used to have a Samsung focus WP7.5)

This device ranks just slightly behind the BlackBerry Q10. Only reason is the physical keyboard and the BlackBerry Hub.

Anyways, I installed GDR3 Dev Preview and I just recently got a whole Nokia App suite update (already had Lumia Amber prior to this). I've been reading alot about Lumia Black update, and noticed it mentions the 1520 and 1020.

Just wondering if the 920 will see that update or if we expect another update Lumia wise for the 920.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I simply don't get it. Nokia releases 1520, 1320 with Black firmware but waits until 2014 for other devices?

They did the same with Amber when it came preinstalled on the 925 if I remember correctly. Other phones waited for months afterwards to get it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Regarding updates, all updates, please see this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...ive]-will-my-wp-phone-get-updated-thread.html

To answer, all Nokia phones will get all the updates coming, including WP8.1. The update may be slightly different due to hardware limitations but every phone will get it. :)

Nokia Black (with GDR3) expected in 'coming weeks' depending on carrier. WP8.1 is still looking like 1st quarter of 2014, haven't heard anything different to this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre