which Amber/GDR2 ROM enables Field test to set always on 3G

Jhay Yap

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, I've been having issues getting 3G on my Lumia 920, The phone originally from KSA Saudi Arabia, now im in the Philippines under Sun Cellular network, it works fine sending SMS and Calling but im not getting 3G, all I get is Edge doesnt matter where im at. My iphone 5 sometimes gets Edge from a different network but when my Lumia 920 is getting Edge its totally useless cant surf or even post a status update, I research and inquire with my plan provider and they suggested to do a Field Test that's by pressing ##3282# but it would not work on my L920, i went online and found out that the Field Test was removed from Lumia phones after the AMBER update but there's this one guy who said its working on his Lumia 920 what he did is he flashed his Italian L920 to EU-France ROM so I did the same I saw the steps here and was able to flashed from KSA-Saudi Arabian ROM to EU-Fr ROM and im getting the Field Test now also the Edge issue has been resolved I was able to change the settings by selecting 3G Only on the field test, the problem is the firmware version of the EU-FR Rom was not Amber yet so I tried to update it using Nokia Software Update for Retail but sadly it went back to KSA-Saudi Arabia version and my unlimited data plan went back to Edge so I flashed the ROM again to EU-France and all is fine but I want to get Amber version of my phone can anyone help me? Is there a place I can get the Amber version of the EU-France rom? or is there a different solution to my problem aside from flashing my phone to a different ROM? thanks in advance jjhayyap@hotmail.com:crying:

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
SUNCellular is weak and I have not heared any news about them neither upgraded nor upgrading their towers. If Globe cannot provide consistent 3G/H/H+ over Metro Manila what more would you expect from Sun.

Switch to other carrier to get the best smartphone experirnce.

Jhay Yap

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
SUNCellular is weak and I have not heared any news about them neither upgraded nor upgrading their towers. If Globe cannot provide consistent 3G/H/H+ over Metro Manila what more would you expect from Sun.

Its not Sun's issue like what I said I flashed to EU-France ROM and I was able to get Sun's H/3G on my Lumia 920 all is fine fast download and internet getting 1MBPS+ inside my room and almost 2MBPS outside my problem is the EU-France ROM i used is not Amber yet and when i did the software update it reverted the ROM back to its original KSA-Saudi Arabia but Amber and no 3G :l

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

It depends on where you live, though I agree, they do provide crappy service.
Heck, even Globe and SMART are crap where I live, and both of them are the same here at my school - when Sun provides five bars of HSPA!

Regarding your question, iit's best to ask Nokia itself.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Its not Sun's issue like what I said I flashed to EU-France ROM and I was able to get Sun's H/3G on my Lumia 920 all is fine fast download and internet getting 1MBPS+ inside my room and almost 2MBPS outside my problem is the EU-France ROM i used is not Amber yet and when i did the software update it reverted the ROM back to its original KSA-Saudi Arabia but Amber and no 3G :l
How many bars of H?
3 and above will be fine, it will default to that eventually, but weak 3G signal means...it's not going to default to H.

Jhay Yap

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
How many bars of H?
3 and above will be fine, it will default to that eventually, but weak 3G signal means...it's not going to default to H.

4-5 bars and always H when i flash to EU-ROM everything works great when im on my original ROM which is KSA- Amber im just getting 3G same spot/location doesnt matter where i am always Edge plus doesnt do anything cant surf/download or even load FB. Since Its fixed with the EU-FR Rom i want to stick with it but the problem is its not Amber and when I update with the EU-FR ROM using both OTA and NSU it reverts back to original ROM with always Edge on my data plan :( . I contacted Nokia and they said its Sun, I contacted Sun and they said its my phone the sim works great on another phone but my phone works great on Globe, have not tried Smart network yet. I know its the Lumia 920 for some reason because after i flash to EU-ROM all is fine H data signal tested for 2 days and its perfect but no Amber :( I hope someone can help me with a ROM that has Amber and GDR2 as well as Field Test to set 3G only

jodski

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I feel you... I'm on the same network as well. I can't do the option to re-flash since you won't be able to backup SMS.... It feels like my 720 became a piece of junk after this update...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss