One year with the 920

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
It is a little silly, but even as we get newer devices, I keep coming back to the 920. Love the way it feels and performs.

How dumb would it be to have waited all this time, maybe cruise into next year, see all these newer devices come out.... and get the 920 anyways?

I wanted to try WP8 and 920 was available for so cheap that I got it. Couldn't wait for newer devices to launch.. N in my country prices at launch are just too high for me.. Have to wait till they come down means I'd need to wait 6 more months and I didn't want to wait at all.. Besides I always liked 920, envied since launch but again the price was too high then.. Everyone's own problems.. :-D

boovish

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
So it has been one year since the 920 was released. For me, it has been the first phone to be my main driver for an entire year since the early 2000s. It has been amazing at keeping its speed up and performing up to par with many phones with better specs.

Do you still look at your 920 with awe like day one?

I have the 822, but I still look at it like that. now if it would just stop malfunctioning. I'm on my 4th replacement.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm still very happy with my decision. It's been a fast year.. I typically start think about upgrading after 2 years, but for now there has been very little to make me feel like upgrading this far.

Still love my 920 alot!

reyfbernardo

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes, i'm still very impressed with my lumia 920 after i bought it more than 8 months ago. Looking forward for the gdr3 update.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk.

reyfbernardo

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes, i'm still very impressed with my lumia 920 after i bought more than 8 months ago. Looking forward for the gdr3 update.

Sent from my RM-821_im_mea1_317 using Tapatalk

reyfbernardo

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes, i'm still very impressed with my lumia 920 since i bought it 8 months ago. Looking forward for the GDR3 update.

Sent from my RM-821_im_mea1_317 using Tapatalk

Bizarro_Prime

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
So it has been one year since the 920 was released. For me, it has been the first phone to be my main driver for an entire year since the early 2000s. It has been amazing at keeping its speed up and performing up to par with many phones with better specs.

Do you still look at your 920 with awe like day one?

I've had mine a year as well and I've only just found out in the last 5 minutes that it has a built-in translator.
I've been fiddling around with creating QR codes online for various work things and I noticed the "scan text" button. So obviously I pressed it and it gave me the option to translate.
QR scanning isn't something I normally bother with usually so that's most likely why I've not seen it before.
I use the built-in "shazam" feature quite a bit.
So yeah, a year on and I'm still amazed by my phone and its ability. Wouldn't swap it for anything (at least not in the next year as I'm on a 24month contract).

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine a year as well and I've only just found out in the last 5 minutes that it has a built-in translator.
I've been fiddling around with creating QR codes online for various work things and I noticed the "scan text" button. So obviously I pressed it and it gave me the option to translate.
QR scanning isn't something I normally bother with usually so that's most likely why I've not seen it before.
I use the built-in "shazam" feature quite a bit.
So yeah, a year on and I'm still amazed by my phone and its ability. Wouldn't swap it for anything (at least not in the next year as I'm on a 24month contract).

Is it your first WP?

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I too got the 920 at launch and I still love it. It has been my steady companion the entire year. My camera stopped working about a week ago. It shows weird magenta lines when I try to take a picture but I am fairly certain that this is a SW issue and that a hard reset will likely fix it. I will get a 1520, but that doesn't mean that my 920 will be retired. It will just move to my second line and I am sure it will do a great job for quite some time to come. I have tried them all and I can say with confidence that the 920 is the best phone I have had so far.

zelovoc

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
i have mine for only a month. my first phone with WP.
what i don`t like: battery status issues and sometimes display is flickering a lot. but it gets better.
what i like is that it`s really fast phone, WP looks good and different, camera is great, nokia apps are too good to be free.
hopefully WP8.1 will solve some very well known issues.

anyway, my next phone will be again Lumia. can`t just imagine to get back to Android :)

Psycmeistr

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Mine was an upgrade from a Lumia 900-- My current 920 is my second refurbished replacement- the first one had microphone issues, the 2nd had battery issues-- so far, three days into my new(est) 920, everything seems fine. I was most impressed with the camera; however, the picture quality has appeared to decrease, not increase with succeeding updates--hopefully the camera issues will be fixed once and for all.

IMO, Windows Phone 8 is a superior OS compared with iOS and Android--much more user-friendly and intuitive. I just wish it wasn't treated as the red-headed step child of operating systems...seems every time a neat new app comes out, it's only available on iOS and Android. The marketers at Microsoft need to do a much better job of marketing their product--because they indeed have a superior product to market-- I think it sells itself, once it actually gets into a person's hands.

With the marketing resources available to Bill Gates & Co., Windows Phone 8 should be THE market leader, not the perpetual afterthought. Their marketing team should be fired.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
i have mine for only a month. my first phone with WP.
what i don`t like: battery status issues and sometimes display is flickering a lot. but it gets better.
what i like is that it`s really fast phone, WP looks good and different, camera is great, nokia apps are too good to be free.
hopefully WP8.1 will solve some very well known issues.

anyway, my next phone will be again Lumia. can`t just imagine to get back to Android :)

Your display should never flicker. I would exchange it at the store you bought it from.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon