Nokia Camera (nee Pro Camera) crashing when taking pictures

phander

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Nokia lumia 920 with GD3 update.

After the last update of the Nokia Pro Camera (somewhere it renamed itself Nokia Camera), I can't take any pictures with it. As soon as I take a picture the app exits back to the home screen. The same happens with video.

But the smartcam setting works fine. As does the normal camera app.

I've tried:
1 uninstalling/reinstalling
2 soft reset

Can't see anyone with the same problem. Anyone? Thanks!

phander

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, updated, uninstalled, reinstalled. Odd. Never had anything 'buggy' like this on WP8 before - least of all with Nokia apps.

madaxel

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. The Nokia Camera application started crashing every time I take a picture. Reinstalling the application did not help. The original built-in camera application does still work, but it is lacking the nice features of the Nokia Camera app...:unhappy:

phander

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
This was actually a rotation lock and proximity sensor problem. Check these are working for you.

I did everything, eventually resorting to a hard reset. It worked, stopped working, worked again. Currently we're in a working phase.

madaxel

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Phander, coud you please tell more precisely how this was related to rotation lock and proximity sensor?

About 2 months ago my Lumia 920 stopped turning to landscape orientation when I turn the phone, which makes writing email tedious. Can this be related to the camera problem?

My last Nokia product is dying on me.. =(

wp-noob

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. The default camera app crashes directly, and Nokica Camera app crashes when I take picture.
I also noticed that the acceloremeter, compass and compounds is not working according to the app "Sensor Emitter".

I believe this may be a software related issue because of Lumia Black update. I tried to reset the phone to factory settings, but it will only reset data, not the Operating System, so I still have Lumia Black afte reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster