Timed Lock Screen Lockout?

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
My daughter used my phone under the 'Kids Corner' for the first time the other day, and when she 'Quietly' finished, handed the phone back.
I have the GDR3 Dev Preview on it, but for the first time, I saw a message on my lockscreen below the date saying "Try Again In 8 Minutes".
Obviously she entered the wrong password a certain amount of times, but I've done this before and it never locked in this way no matter how many times I inputted a wrong code.
So I'm wondering, do all L920's do this or is this due to the GDR3 update?

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. Read the link too. Thing is, the Kids Corner was always able to opened without the need of a PIN. It has to be now. And before this incident, I could enter a wrong PIN indefinitely for the lock screen and nothing happened. Phone just stayed locked. Now, it does the 1 min, 2 min 4 min etc...

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Ah sorry. I'm not sure about the Kids Corner feature. I tried looking around on the FAQ and other sites but couldn't really find anything. At least you didn't get the have to wait xxxxxxx min to unlock that I saw some people have ;) Apparantly a hard rest is required for that.

Maybe someone who has more experience with that feature can help.

kai2943

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
my:crying: L920 just asked me to try again after 5808minutes!! it was in my pocket and next thing I know after my 30mins walk later... :eck::cry:

my last backup was 3 months ago.. can't do factory reset or else everything init will b gone...

sob..

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
my:crying: L920 just asked me to try again after 5808minutes!! it was in my pocket and next thing I know after my 30mins walk later... :eck::cry:

my last backup was 3 months ago.. can't do factory reset or else everything init will b gone...

sob..

Wow, that's 4 days of hurt. I'm sure this never happened until recently.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

sob..

I'm worried this might happen to me one day. I try to back up more frequently

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea