Volume stuck on 30, back button doesn't work and I get an lightning bolt with cog wheel

Nick Musisi

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
How can I fix this? The lightning bolt and cog wheel comes when I restart the phone. After that I gotta do a reset with volume down, power button and camera button to get it on again. The phone won't ring either and it seems like text messages comes in really late.

Nick Musisi

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like it may be time to try a hard reset.

If you have any issues with spinning gears you can use this: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...ng-gears-cogs-bug-nokia-lumia-users-only.html

You might want to try using that software anyway, might fix things for you.

If that doesn't work you need a replacement.

Thanks! But I am able to start the phone though when I do a reset. This problem just came from nowhere. When I woke up one morning it was just there. It went away once but came back again.

Nick Musisi

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like it may be time to try a hard reset.

If you have any issues with spinning gears you can use this: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...ng-gears-cogs-bug-nokia-lumia-users-only.html

You might want to try using that software anyway, might fix things for you.

If that doesn't work you need a replacement.

I did it now and it did not work. Worked for like 1 min when I was setting up the phone then the problem came back. Now i've lost everything :/ Didn't know it deleted all the apps too.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I did it now and it did not work. Worked for like 1 min when I was setting up the phone then the problem came back. Now i've lost everything :/ Didn't know it deleted all the apps too.

There were warnings on the thread. Also you should know that flashing any device erases everything. In any case, it would appear you got a defective device. So it's probably best to return it or exchange it. Which means you'd lose everything anyway.

At least you gave it a go. :)

Nick Musisi

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
There were warnings on the thread. Also you should know that flashing any device erases everything. In any case, it would appear you got a defective device. So it's probably best to return it or exchange it. Which means you'd lose everything anyway.

At least you gave it a go. :)

Not so big off a deal. Just a little annoying that I gotta download all apps again. I'm gonna send it in for repair soon. Surely someone on this site has had the same problem though? I guess i'll just try posting on more forums. Just 10 months more on the contract though and then i'll get an iPhone instead. Windows Phone is so bad imo.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Not so big off a deal. Just a little annoying that I gotta download all apps again. I'm gonna send it in for repair soon. Surely someone on this site has had the same problem though? I guess i'll just try posting on more forums. Just 10 months more on the contract though and then i'll get an iPhone instead. Windows Phone is so bad imo.

WP has teething problems. Understand your point though. As for others having issues, yes, it's not rare to find them on this forum. The L920 was/is plagued by defects in my opinion.

WP will get better, however I feel that they will have issues until the hardware and software stabilize. Ignoring the app situation for the moment.

Nick Musisi

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
WP has teething problems. Understand your point though. As for others having issues, yes, it's not rare to find them on this forum. The L920 was/is plagued by defects in my opinion.

WP will get better, however I feel that they will have issues until the hardware and software stabilize. Ignoring the app situation for the moment.

The main issue I have with WP is that literally everything you wanna do you have to use your computer for. Can't even make a playlist, change a song title or create a photo album and move photos between albums on my phone. I don't wanna have to use my computer to do simple tasks like that :/ I don't know if you used Symbian but you had so much freedom there. One of the reasons I wanna get an iPhone is because of the cloud service. If it is like I think it is, it would make my life so much easier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720