Does wi-fi work on locked ATT 920?

isleidyll

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps unwisely, I ordered an ATT locked Nokia 920 on eBay, for use in the Philippines. I am a former ATT (Cingular actually) customer so maybe I will be able to convince ATT to unlock the phone, but, if not, will the phone's wi-fi function work even if the phone is locked?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps unwisely, I ordered an ATT locked Nokia 920 on eBay, for use in the Philippines. I am a former ATT (Cingular actually) customer so maybe I will be able to convince ATT to unlock the phone, but, if not, will the phone's wi-fi function work even if the phone is locked?

The phone should function with WiFi only. If you put in a foreign SIM however you will be given a screen to unlock the phone. If there is no SIM in the phone you'll get a SIM error message when it turns on but that's it.

WinphonevietAgent

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site

all funtions will work except cellular, sms, call, SIM services, etc

isleidyll

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, that's good news. Wifi will cover 90% of what I want to use the phone for.

I was originally a customer of a small cellular provider called "Unicel". Unicel was bought out by Cingular. Cingular was bought out by ATT. I kept the same cellular number through all the transitions. I still have the Unicel and Cingular SIMS. It will be fun to try them once I get the phone. I am hoping ATT will unlock the 920 using their online unlocking function and the old Cingular number which dates back to 2006.. Thanks again.

The phone should function with WiFi only. If you put in a foreign SIM however you will be given a screen to unlock the phone. If there is no SIM in the phone you'll get a SIM error message when it turns on but that's it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs